GunWorld in OKC?!?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

n8thegr8

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Went into gunworld to zero my AR this evening, mostly because it's just down the road from my house and because they had a 25-yd range, instead of an odd-ball 30...however I couldn't shoot because they required "frangible" ammo, which 1. I had never heard of, and 2. they didn't have in stock (prolly would have cost a small fortune anyways). They said fmj's would ricochet off the backstop (which I know is the reason why H&H checks for steel cores, but regular fmj's are allowed, so that puzzled me). This got me wondering...Why can't an indoor range have dirt backstops? Surely I'm not the first to think of this...

At any rate, I left a sad panda with an inaccurate AR :( I'm really starting to hate this big city living....

skruball253

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Went into gunworld to zero my AR this evening, mostly because it's just down the road from my house and because they had a 25-yd range, instead of an odd-ball 30...however I couldn't shoot because they required "frangible" ammo, which 1. I had never heard of, and 2. they didn't have in stock (prolly would have cost a small fortune anyways). They said fmj's would ricochet off the backstop (which I know is the reason why H&H checks for steel cores, but regular fmj's are allowed, so that puzzled me). This got me wondering...Why can't an indoor range have dirt backstops? Surely I'm not the first to think of this...

At any rate, I left a sad panda with an inaccurate AR :( I'm really starting to hate this big city living....

Yes, this is true. However, frangible ammo is a special round that just simply breaks up upon impact. Check Ammo To Go I believe they may have some. And for the dirt thing, having a dirt backstop would be a huge pain in the butt. Simply put its costs ALOT of money to de-lead dirt, which would have to be done or you would get ricochets back.

Latest posts

Top Bottom