Guy (OC) carries i TN ak pistol gets detailed 2009

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

frankos72

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
People who exercise their rights make me proud.

This.

I believe the guy was looking for this kind of confrontation. He probably like being the center of attention. I personally would never do something like this, but I got a kick out of reading of someone else doing it.

frankos72

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
everybody needs to read the new SDA handbook lots of little changes. its available online.

I'm wondering about the caliber more than the barrel length. I know the OK Law says .45 caliber and isn't 7.62x39 a much bigger bullet than .45 caliber? I'm not sure of the actual diameter of either. Far as that goes, a .223 bullet might be considered "larger" if the whole thing were taken to court. Guess that one would depend on the judge.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'll have to check out the new SDA changes. Either way, this guy was well within his rights. One of my friends spent a night in jail for having one of the AK pistols (unloaded, in vehicle, on the way to range). Nimrods thought it was a "chopped off" rifle.
Interesting use of "law enforcement" resources to say the least.

Shootin 4 Fun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm wondering about the caliber more than the barrel length. I know the OK Law says .45 caliber and isn't 7.62x39 a much bigger bullet than .45 caliber? I'm not sure of the actual diameter of either. Far as that goes, a .223 bullet might be considered "larger" if the whole thing were taken to court. Guess that one would depend on the judge.

7.62x39 is a .30 caliber round, much smaller than a .45.

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
He was looking for attention and he got it. Thats only part of the problem. Another part is the numerous rules and regulations regarding firearms. And the other is officer education.

I've been involved in Law Enforcement in one way or another for the last 25 years. I never knew what a Form-1 or Form-4 was till I had one. There were no classes in the academy or afterwards regarding NFA. We were shown examples of what a rifle, pistol and shotgun were. Briefly discussed "sawed off shotguns" and told it was a federal crime. That was it. Most officers don't even take their guns out of their holsters more than twice in a year and thats during qualifications.

As an officer, you're required to get so many hours of training per year after graduation from the academy to keep your certification. Other than that, there is nothing there. Anything they learn is either from experience of self research. Case Law wasn't taught at the academy when I went through. When you go through CLEET they tell you that 90% of all officers attending the academy will leave law enforcement within two years after graduation.

A lot of officers come straight from the military or from flipping burgers cause they were waiting for their 21st birthday till they could find the "real job." The legal block in CLEET was about two weeks of an 8 1/2 week academy. There is NO WAY all the legal stuff can be learned in that short period of time. They are not Lawyers. If they work for a small town, they are totally on their own. I've seen Sheriff's Departments with 1 Sheriff and 4 deputies to take care of everything in a county.

With Nov-1 coming tomorrow, I think more classes regarding firearms have been taught in the last two months than there have in the last 20 years. What I see in the OP's post is an attention seeking knucklehead that makes anyone who wants to OC or even possess a firearm look bad.

People out there see something like that that either don't know laws about what the "pistol" requirements are see something like that and say "oh my god, he's got a machine gun" and immediately call the police. When the cops get there, they don't know what it is either.

Resources was mentioned. If they run across something like this and don't know what it is, who do they call? Depending on the time of day, it could take a LONG time to get any responses if you get any at all. If you're in that small town, you probably won't have any resources to get anything from.

Obviously a lot of my opinion comes from the LE side, buts that the way it is. I was always the "resource" when it came to guns for the agencies I worked for. If I didn't know what it was, I was the gun nut who knew where to find it.

Blinocac200sx

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Whatever you think of the guy and his actions, it proves the point that we don't really have the right to keep and bear arms, but only the privilege to keep and not bear certain arms as the government chooses.

Latest posts

Top Bottom