H&H Gun Range: Why?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Do you support H&H pricing cause the yhave decent range fees?

• Yes, i am wiling to pay a few bucks more in exchange for low range fees

Votes: 15 41.7%
  • No, to hell with them. I buy on the cheap!

Votes: 21 58.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

FullAuto

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I never thought of H&H's range fees as cheap. I shoot at H&H because the alternative is Gun World. I have $210 in gift cards to H&H. I really want to buy something so that I have something to show for the gift cards that were given to me. But I bought a Springfield XDM 2 weeks ago from OAS. I just can't justify spending 15% more at H&H so I could use the gift cards. I'd rather give my money to the store that's trying harder and throw the cards away. If I paid 15% more just to spend the cards it would be the same thing as throwing them away IMO.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I never thought of H&H's range fees as cheap. I shoot at H&H because the alternative is Gun World. I have $210 in gift cards to H&H. I really want to buy something so that I have something to show for the gift cards that were given to me. But I bought a Springfield XDM 2 weeks ago from OAS. I just can't justify spending 15% more at H&H so I could use the gift cards. I'd rather give my money to the store that's trying harder and throw the cards away. If I paid 15% more just to spend the cards it would be the same thing as throwing them away IMO.

Don't throw those gift cards away, post 'em and sell 'em if you don't want to use them at H&H.

cowzrul

Distinguished 1998
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
H&H isn't a valid option for me when you add the cost of gas for me to drive with the time to drive and possibly wait if H&H is busy. Besides the range is much better at Gunworld with no wait. I still have several green cards for half off range time at H&H from when I bought my last firearms from them.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
H&H isn't a valid option for me when you add the cost of gas for me to drive with the time to drive and possibly wait if H&H is busy. Besides the range is much better at Gunworld with no wait. I still have several green cards for half off range time at H&H from when I bought my last firearms from them.

I've been shooting there for years and have only had to wait awhile a few times on a busy Saturday; so I had to browse the gun section; what a pity! But hey if Gunworld is cheaper and closer, then cool. Wanna unload those green half off cards?

7stw

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I research all guns I buy allot I generally buy 4-6 guns a year. And believe it or not h&h is usually the best deal I can find without resorting to evil gb. Even priced a new swift a few years ago and ordered it from h&h. I buy mostly rifles and there pretty sane on most rifle prices usually depends on exactly what I'm buying. Last year when they had their big closeout I wound up with 3 rifles two browning and a kimber and saved enough on the three to scope one with a zeiss. I think their ammo and asscesories are high allot of the time but they usually have what I need in the bullet weight I want right away. Now that said I almost will not buy a scope from them I love my zeiss and have found a place I can order them locally for about 200 less. I also buy my reloading gear there and they are usually really competitive there as well. On ar type stuff they are super high. And yes I would consider a couple of the guys there friends however there are several their I wouldn't let extinguish me if I were on fire. And I hate how it's nearly impossible to get them to answer the phone. And the service Is lackluster or downright horrible at the ammo counter I seem to always get the "newbie" when other times I have been outright ignored there. As far as the range fees I hardly ever use it as I'm a rifle guy and it's insulting to shoot most of my guns @ 30 yds. But their fees seem resonable enough to me I've shot my pistols their some. I guess I miss allot of the super high prices you speak of in their because it's on stuff I don't buy. But I have bought my last two guns somewhere else at a substacial savings my ruger scout rifle I saved over 200 on and my last weatherby accumark almost 500 on what they quoted me but I'll continue to patronize them because they do allot of good for the shooting sports and gun owners as a whole all over Oklahoma we are blessed to have such a nice complex in our back yard !! Now quityerbichn and go spend your money somewhere else if you don't like them.

MrShooter

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I don't really make my decision on their range due to their gun prices, vice versa.
I buy from them because..1.) they know me well and 2.) they have a large inventory (including a growing class 3 section & holsters)

Although Im getting tired of looper, i would like to see more IWB stuff that is worth a flip..

SoonerStatePawn

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
H&H has a cheap, clean range that I like to frequent as well as the cafe there. Nothing beats H&H for lunch, guns and burgers. I think you guys know where I buy my firearms, :). I've never had bad service there, but I've only used the range and cafe.

HMCS(FMF)Ret.

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I like H&H. I use them to compare prices. I like them because they have such a large amount of stock on hand. I like being able to touch a gun before I buy it. If I can get a great deal somewhere else though, I'll take it. If it's just a matter of a few bucks, I try to support H&H. I've always been treated well there by the staff. The only place I don't like going is Academy. Very poor customer service.

Sanjuro82

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've had three bad experiences at H&H. One at the gunsmith dept (incompetent "gunsmith") , then another on the showroom floor (poor customer service), and the last one at the range (wouldn't let me shoot my makarov ammo, the kid said my ammo would destroy the backstop).

He was going to let me shoot my 30-06 and K31 (7.5x55) into the backstop but he was adamant that my mak would destroy the backstop. I just shook my head and left.

They do have a sweet set up, maybe I was just unlucky that I got the worst of their employees.

chuter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I like H&H. Like the people, the food, the selection. I haven't really price shopped them much, but I don't mind paying a little extra for the service.
Only thing I wish they would improve is heating and AC in the shooting lanes.

Latest posts

Top Bottom