H&H Gun Range: Why?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Do you support H&H pricing cause the yhave decent range fees?

• Yes, i am wiling to pay a few bucks more in exchange for low range fees

Votes: 15 41.7%
  • No, to hell with them. I buy on the cheap!

Votes: 21 58.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

deja

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I never thought of H&H's range fees as cheap. I shoot at H&H because the alternative is Gun World. I have $210 in gift cards to H&H. I really want to buy something so that I have something to show for the gift cards that were given to me. But I bought a Springfield XDM 2 weeks ago from OAS. I just can't justify spending 15% more at H&H so I could use the gift cards. I'd rather give my money to the store that's trying harder and throw the cards away. If I paid 15% more just to spend the cards it would be the same thing as throwing them away IMO.
What?! The money has already been spent at H&H to get the cards. The merchandise just hasn't been selected and transferred. Throwing the cards away is like throwing money away.

Hell, I'll buy the cards from you if you don't want to use them. H&H has decent prices on reloading supplies and you can never have too much of that. $210 in cards? I'll give you $150? Serious offer.

tran

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Why would anyone buy the same thing for more, just because you like them? If that's the case I have a 3000 Sq/FT house for 1,500,000.00 any takers?

Thats just stupid! I try to get the best deal for my money. That the reason they have compeditors.

Nighthawk

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
H&H is a great place to shoot, I wish they would put some cool air in the range. I have not been to Gun World, I hear they have cool air.

Many times the money you save on guns buying from one place over another is very little. Several peoiple enjoy being able to compair, and there is nothing wrong with that, just make sure you look at the final price, not the one that you see at first. Tax will differ from town to town, I know Moore's tax is 8.25% compaired to Oklahoma City which is 8.375%, some gun shops charge a transfer fee to do a 4473 when you buy from Davidsons Gallery of Guns and some do not.

Many people purchase from one dealer and no other, because they trust that dealer.

Watch out for the on-line stores that you think they have the firearm in inventory, when in reality they do not, and you have to wait several months, also watch out for seconds, or refurbished firearms that they may sell as new in the box. Which is becoming a practice used in some one-line sales lately. I have also seen this done at gun shows, by some vendors. I hate when see these practices, because then people think all gun dealers are the same, which they are not.

I hope this helps.

aestus

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
2 years ago, I would have said "To Hell!" to H&H. I would only use their range only because it was closest to me and I'm not a member or any private ranges. Their prices were astronomical, the service was poor, staff was rude, and their gunsmiths were some of the slowest and rudest of the lot. I wouldn't say they were incompetent, but I know others in this forum have had some bad experiences with them and I certainly did have my issues with them.

Fast forward 2 year later to the present time, I would say H&H is noticeable better in just about all areas. Their customer service is better, most are usually friendly, and the place is much more welcoming. I can't speak for their gunsmithing services since I haven't used them since my bad experience with them 2 years ago, but I'll give them the benefit of the doubt and say that they're better judging from everything else they've improved.

Their prices are still a bit high on some items. Some of the tupperware guns they sell are about right in terms of price. Sometimes a few dollars more, but you're expecting world class service with that extra price. I usually tell people to buy from H&H if they're buying a concealed carry / defensive pistol and are completely new to firearms. Beyond that, I would still recommend buying elsewhere, especially if you're not new to firearms.

Some of the prices H&H asks for their rifles is outright ridiculous. It's sad when I can buy an LWRC M6A3 elsewhere, pay for shipping, and a transfer fee and still be $500 cheaper than what H&H sells them for. Their AR's in general seem to be overpriced. Some of the higher end shotguns seemed to be about $200 overpriced.

Anyways, 2 years ago I would say stay away from H&H. Now I've switched my tune a bit and think it's a good store to go to, just be mindful of the prices.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've had three bad experiences at H&H. One at the gunsmith dept (incompetent "gunsmith") , then another on the showroom floor (poor customer service), and the last one at the range (wouldn't let me shoot my makarov ammo, the kid said my ammo would destroy the backstop).

He was going to let me shoot my 30-06 and K31 (7.5x55) into the backstop but he was adamant that my mak would destroy the backstop. I just shook my head and left.

They do have a sweet set up, maybe I was just unlucky that I got the worst of their employees.

Talk to the manager about it? He's a member here and a good guy.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Why would anyone buy the same thing for more, just because you like them? If that's the case I have a 3000 Sq/FT house for 1,500,000.00 any takers?

Thats just stupid! I try to get the best deal for my money. That the reason they have compeditors.

Uh...I think my main point is that even if H&H is a little higher on some items, I choose to trade there so they can make a few bucks on "stuff" and hopefully keep the range fees low. I also do buy from places where I like the people and service too; just for that simple reason. And that's all I have to say about that. (And I ain't stupid either).

Last edited:

tran

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Uh...I think my main point is that even if H&H is a little higher on some items, I choose to trade there so they can make a few bucks on "stuff" and hopefully keep the range fees low. I also do buy from places where I like the people and service too; just for that simple reason. And that's all I have to say about that. (And I ain't stupid either).

I think most people are just like me. I have never used the range and don't care to. That is the reason people join outdoor ranges, I hate shooting with 50 other people in doors.

soonerbyx

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think most people are just like me. I have never used the range and don't care to. That is the reason people join outdoor ranges, I hate shooting with 50 other people in doors.

I'm with tran on that I'd rather shoot outside, regardless of conditions. However, I have used H&H facilities and they are definitely better and less expensive than "similar" ranges in texas where my parents live(plano-frisco region). I have bought several guns from H&H as well with great service and overall good experience. One of the rifles, I payed I think $11 more than Academy...my favorite rifle that I bought from them was actually $37 cheaper than Academy. For the service I received, they will always be an option.

Latest posts

Top Bottom