H & H providing your name and address to the state?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

centraloklahoma

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I received this response tonight. Thank you for the information Mr. Hall.
C.P.

Good Evening:

Thank you for the email. I am sorry for any confusion in this mailing. First we did do a mailing to our list of guests. This was done with a secure mailer and no permanent outside record exists. I am sorry for the duplicate letters as that was not supposed to happen. Our list is private and will not be sold or rented in anyway. The purpose of the letter was to introduce those to another part of the shooting culture in a fun and inviting way. We should have explained this secure path better in that letter and for that lapse in judgment I am sorry.

The shooting sports have been part of a legitimate phenomenon over the last year. The vast majority of buyers were brand new to the sport, having never owned a gun before. The election was the tipping point no doubt. My thought in this reception was to get these folks to look beyond the initial purchase and see another part that they could get enjoyment out of. It is the first of several introductions we have in mind. If we (the shooting public) can capture them our collective future will be secure for years to come. I would ask that you first accept my apology and second to help us in this endeavor by spreading the word that the shooters are excited to have these folks join us.

Finally, thank you for your support and passion about the shooting sports, it was never our intention to upset anyone, just to get the word out to as many as possible.

Respectfully,

Miles Hall

Founder & President

H & H Gun Range * Shooting Sports Complex

FAL guy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
As Miles said so well in his email response..."it was never our intention to upset anyone, just to get the word out to as many as possible."

The information had to come from:
a) 4473 forms, or
b) credit card information stored in their system

...right?

Respectfully, no sir, when you make an initial purchase your name and address is entered into our point of sale system. This information is used quite often to contact guests regarding issues with sales, items left on the range, etc. Credit Card information is not recorded beyond what is necessary for normal processing...just like any other retail store.

My wife has only purchased 1 firearm there, and that has been her only transaction at the store. So...BS.

That fits exactly with my statement "We used information gathered from what we determined to be first or second time gun purchasers to mail a professionally processed mailing informing those that might have interest in this event."

338Shooter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Will Miles Hall be able to facilitate the removal of my information from your system? I get enough spam in my mailbox already and any unsolicited mailings will be marked return to sender.

Respectfully, I did not solicit such mailings and would appreciate it if I did not receive them otherwise.

jej

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
In an order to clarify exactly what has taken place:
2. The information we take at Point Of Sale is never shared with anyone...PERIOD.

That cannot be true.

You don't respond to legal subpoenas?
You are not subject to search warrants?
You don't utilize bill collectors?
You don't file law suits that require this information?
You don't defend law suits, again requiring this information?

I call BS on this claim.

jej

Rob72

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That cannot be true.

You don't respond to legal subpoenas?
You are not subject to search warrants?
You don't utilize bill collectors?
You don't file law suits that require this information?
You don't defend law suits, again requiring this information?

I call BS on this claim.

jej

You have to take, "...except as required by law...," as an understood item there.

I'm not keen on marketing databases for multiple reasons myself. Guess I would say, stop by the ATM before doing your shopping...

Latest posts

Top Bottom