H & H providing your name and address to the state?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Wonderful.

More unsolicited junk mail. Another vendor giving out information.

Actually, from what I read, H&H are the ones who sent the fliers. While this is still "junk mail" - or at least unsolicited mail - I am understanding they did not sell or give our information to any other agency. They simply included a state agency's logo as a sponsor on their mailing.

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If the letter would have clearly marked as come from H&H, I would have little issue with it. But it APPEARS on the surface that it came from the government, which would indicate H&H has turned over sales record to the state. Sometimes perception trumps reality.

Agreed, without having myself seen the letter in question.

cowzrul

Distinguished 1998
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Respectfully, no sir, when you make an initial purchase your name and address is entered into our point of sale system. This information is used quite often to contact guests regarding issues with sales, items left on the range, etc. Credit Card information is not recorded beyond what is necessary for normal processing...just like any other retail store.

That fits exactly with my statement "We used information gathered from what we determined to be first or second time gun purchasers to mail a professionally processed mailing informing those that might have interest in this event."

This does not look well for H&H. I received 11 letters my wife 1. If what you state above is correct then I really only should have received 1 letter.

This must be why I didn't get a letter from them. I paid for my Glock 36 with cash. It's the only gun I've bought from H & H, so...

I paid for some of my firearms with cash and some CC. The number of letters I received matched what I have bought from H&H since Sept last year.

cowzrul

Distinguished 1998
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Do you get that upset when you get the huge book from Cabelas or Basspro???? heck the one form Cabelas can hurt your foot if ya drop it!! ( don't ask how I know)

The issue I have is how they determined to send these letters out. The number of letters in my case matches firearms purchases. Not smart business. But hey that is just my opinion, I have only spent 8 or 9 grand there this year. I will be cautious before I spend more.

Reaction score
The following came from an H&H representative:

The addresses did not come off 4473's! The addresses came from the point of sale computer system. The mailing came from H&H, via a mailing service, as a joint project with the Dept. of Wildlife, and others.

Just once, I wish people would think about 4473's being hand written. As such, it would require human eyes to read each one to produce a computerized mailing list from a stack of them. Does anybody really think we'd spend time doing that?

I thought this lesson had been learned. Years back (like 15 years back) an insurance company offered to do a really special deal for our customers, so we did a mailing for the insurance company. We had the same reaction then. Howls of protest that we had sold our mailing list to the insurance company. Just like then, we did the mailing to announce something special, and we got in trouble for it. I guess I'm the only one who remembers that event now........

Rayce

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was in H&H this weekend gathering a few supplies.. The gentelmen behind the register asked for my name, I said I'm not doing that, I heard about all the mailings, the other guy chimed in, that was for the Okalhoma wildlife department, we did not sell any addresses. I said that is fine but I'm paying cash. You can tell that they are sensitive to this matter.. Which in my opinion is good. If they are going to mail there customers special deals, which I do like, they should do it with there letterhead and no other introducing the offer. This would make every one feel better about the whole thing....:anyone:

Bierhunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've always felt that a business should always give the customers an opportunity to opt out on any mailings, etc. It can prevent a lot of hassles like this.

I've never been to H&H, so I'm not directly involved in this thing. But many other businesses have done similar things. It does get annoying when the mailbox is about 98% junk.

Some business will actually ask me if I want to be on their mailing list. It's a nice courtesy for them to do that.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
i read this feeling everyone's frustration.i would be there myself.i 've never bought a gun from h&h.but do buy other items often.sounds like they need a follow up letter sent out.imagine the thoughts of all those that don't have a direct resource for answers such as this forum.

WhiteyMacD

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Are you guys serious? Its for the DOW! FFS, not like it was a mailing for some company offering firearms insurance.

Personally, Im glad they do it. Bring in more hunters. Put more money in wildlife conservation. Improve hunting.

Guess I use my firearms for more than slinging lead down range or hoping to shoot a few zombies....

Geesh.

Latest posts

Top Bottom