H & H providing your name and address to the state?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

captnawful

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just received this via email from a person who is really pissed, because a Shooting Range is providing his personal information. The email was forward to the ORA Executive Director to see what recourse the gentlemen may have. The next day H&H Gun Range sent an apology stating that they did not provide his info to the State Wildlife Commission. Note: the name of this person has been removed for privacy reasons.

H&H Gun Range
400 S Vermont STE 110
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma 73108

I am REALLY REALLY pissed off.

I received a "dear shooting enthusiast" letter from the state wildlife commission identifying me as a gun and ammunition buyer from information supplied by H&H Gun Range. Purchase information supplied to the Feds is supposed to be destroyed after a few days, but you freely gave that information to the State of Oklahoma. BIG MISTAKE.

You may be buddies with the guys on the Wildlife Conservation Commission and don''t think they would do anything improper with the info... but have you considered what other commissioners might do. This mailing list is subject to a Public Records request... anyone can get a copy. Someone can also subpoena the mailing list from the state.

This list is now available to the anti-gun lobby, thanks.

I had always thought that my being a client of H&H was confidential as possible, in accordance with applicable laws.

Please re-consider your commercial use of your information in the future.
Name Removed
405-359-xxxx

Also Contacted...
NRA, NRAILA and the ORA

FAL guy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not quite what happened as explaned in multiple posts previously. The information was not provided to a Government agency. The information was provided to a professional, licensed and bonded mailing service. Big difference.

So, the info is NOT subject to a Public Records request... NO ONEcan get a copy. NO ONE can subpoena the mailing list from the state, because the State doesn't have it.

This list is NOT available to the anti-gun lobby.

:thanku:

458 SOCOM

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
No FAL your'e wrong. Because a State agency was involved, if they are requested to provide details of the mailings and address's then they will get them from the private mailer who is Bonded and Insured.

The mailing house will not want to test how well they are bonded or insured and comply with the request from the State Agency.

I will not do business with H&H in the future.

prdator

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not quite what happened as explaned in multiple posts previously. The information was not provided to a Government agency. The information was provided to a professional, licensed and bonded mailing service. Big difference.

So, the info is NOT subject to a Public Records request... NO ONEcan get a copy. NO ONE can subpoena the mailing list from the state, because the State doesn't have it.

This list is NOT available to the anti-gun lobby.

:thanku:

Thanks FAL guy.

Ill run down to H&H and buy something I don't need like an AR or such..
Thanks to H&H for trying to build our sport with new members...:thumbup3:

FAL guy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
No FAL your'e wrong. Because a State agency was involved, if they are requested to provide details of the mailings and address's then they will get them from the private mailer who is Bonded and Insured.

The mailing house will not want to test how well they are bonded or insured and comply with the request from the State Agency.

I will not do business with H&H in the future.

I appreciate your opinion, and respect your right to offer it. I do however, reserve the right to disagree with it. While the State was involved, their involvement had nothing to do with "the transaction of public
business, the expenditure of public funds or the
administering of public property".
The State was a guest at the event advertised.

That being said, the information provided to the mailing service was much, much less info than you provided to your local election board when you registered to vote.

24A.3. Definitions
Definitions. As used in this act:
1. “Record” means all documents, including,
but not limited to, any book, paper, photograph,
microfilm, data files created by or used with computer
software, computer tape, disk, and record,
sound recording, film recording, video record or
other material regardless of physical form or characteristic,
created by, received by, under the authority
of, or coming into the custody, control or possession
of public officials, public bodies, or their representatives
in connection with the transaction of public