H&K P30S 9mm

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BobbyJuice

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Went to the gun show yesterday at the fairgrounds with my eyes set on finding a AR15 side charging upper and bcg and failed. Very disappointed in the show and the prices. Had a pocket full of cash and the OK from the wife to purchase something. Could not pull the trigger on anything. Found a H&K P30s a guy was selling and was able to get him to come down to a pretty good price of $900 after tax. Passed on it even with the wife pushing for me to buy it. Came home and saw a A+ seller on gun broker putting some on sale for $754 shipped! Ordered me one and it should be at the FFL this coming week. Do any of yall own this gun? Opinions? Been looking at the magazines and they are pricey. Not sure if I plan on doing much with it but I am Excited.

ColtDogg

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have the same gun. I love it. I got mine for $865.00 and at the time it was the lowest one I could find on gun broker. Right now my woman is using that HK tell I get her P2000 SK done like I want. You should be very happy with it.

Erick

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thats a great price! My P30 is probably my favorite pistol. It is classified as a full or duty size but dimensionally, it's smaller that most compacts. I tell people not to pick them up, because once they do, they will buy one. There isn't a pistol made that fits my hand better. The one thing I noticed is that many people try to decock it with the tip of their thumb. Just keep your thumb close to the hammer and press it with the pad just below the joint. works easy and now my preference over the V1 on my other HKs.

Pharr Shot

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The HK P30 is an excellent pistol! I don't own one but I've handled one and done a TON of research on it and I wish I had the money to pick me up one and just go straight to the range with it! You will be very pleased with it, I'm 99.999% sure! My dad as far as I know is the only one that doesn't care for the modern HK's. He only like the HK P7 (The squeeze cocker) and the HK P4 (The one with the four barrels, in .22LR, .32 Auto, .380, and 9mm). I don't care for the P4 but the P7 (Especially the M8 model that has the magazine release in the normal spot) is just an amazing gun, plus it's nice, small, and very sexy.

BobbyJuice

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Awesome, thanks for the feedback fellas and thanks for the tip Erick. I played around with the P30S at the gun show and did find the decocker something I would have to get used to. I've wanted an H&K pistol for a while and thought about the USP but once I handled the P30S at the show it felt right in my hands. Next purchase will probably be an H&K USP.

bsd230

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just bought the P30s in .40 cal. It is now my favorite gun. I have never had a gun that feels so good in my hand. The grip is very customizable with back and side straps. H&K really did their homework on this gun. I've been eyeing one for years, but have never pulled the trigger until now. I shot it today and found it to be a good shooting gun as well as nice looking. I own the P2000sk in .40 cal as well. Both are great shooting guns. Being a lefty, I found these guns to be appealing for their ambi controls. I quickly became spoiled with their functionality and looks. It will be hard to buy any other brand. The P30s is a nice size too. It is about the same size as Glock G19, which makes is a comfortable size to carry. Did I mention how much I love the freaking grip?

BobbyJuice

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Fell in love with even more since first touch. Have yet to shoot mine but I need to. Will have to clear out some time this weekend to shoot my XDS 4.0 and HK P30s since both are brand new.

Wolf44

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
THose HKs do have a following from those who've drank the Kool-aid…… The P30 grip is simply impressive for fit, as most have noted.

Mags - keep you eye on gun broker, CDNN Investments and I think Ivanhoe carried them from time to time, THINK is the key word. If your patient you may catch a break/sale.

Price - for NIB, that's a very good buy. Nearly a Kmart Blue Light Special.

Must say - you either have a very 'understanding' wife, or have her very well trained. l o l

Latest posts

Top Bottom