H&R or Rock Island Home Defense Shotgun?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gmar

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Do they make the H&R in 20 gauge? I know a girl who is looking for a home defense gun and is worried about recoil, plus she lives in an apartment and she needs to worry about shooting through her walls.

Sanjuro82

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Do they make the H&R in 20 gauge? I know a girl who is looking for a home defense gun and is worried about recoil, plus she lives in an apartment and she needs to worry about shooting through her walls.

They do, they call it the H&R Pardner Compact. Not sure how common they are locally. I know you can get them online fairly easily.

Sanjuro82

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

cal7.62x39

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Between the 2 options I am going with the HR. aside from that I LOVE my Charles daly field tactical that I got for 200 locally, and my maverick 88 cut down truck gun, was a 100$ purchase from an individual. It was a 28 inch vent rib, now a 20 inch after a bubba chop job. Also I am very interested in the ATI ottoman sultan Its a 1100 tac clone for $300ish may be my next purchase.

Super Dave

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
H&R Pardner Pump Protector. Wal-Mart in Edmond has them for $160. They are made by Norinco and if you look at some of the online reviews they are supposedly made with better metal than the Remington. I had one, sold it and now Im going to go buy another one. Everything for the 870 will fit other than mag extensions

THIS!!!!!

I bought this very shotgun... from this very guy!

Very solid, very functional, very cheap, very neato lookin'. What more do you need? You can do a mod to an 870 mag extension tube to make it fit, but I'm not bothering to do it. If I didn't get 'em in five shots, what chance do I have with a few more???

My wife claimed it right away. She finally shot it (two rounds) the other day. Despite the kick, she still claims ownership.

Bigjoe.45

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have the Hawk 982 and it is a very low cost option as well. The 870 pistol grip I had fits and everyone swears parts will interchange. I have only shot it maybe 40-50 rounds worth (Dang ammo is high!) but has functioned perfectly and the ghost ring rear sight is great as well.

coolhandluke

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just a heads up! The Hawk 982s are back in stock! Order one while you can, I put my order in this morning. Hopefully I can pick it up later this week from the Sooner State Pawn boys.

I'll post a review once it's in.

Links:

Gallery of Guns
http://www.galleryofguns.com/genie/default.aspx?item=982

Bud's
http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/...s+Black+Synthetic+12+Ga+Defender+w18.5"+Barre

Finally bit the bullet and called Tommy today. I have a 982 on order and it should be here by Friday.

Latest posts

Top Bottom