Had my first squib load at a match (Video)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MarkV

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't know if I'm more embarrassed that it took me 3 tried to figure it out or the fact that I had a light/missing charge. On a more positive note I think I did pretty well an immediate tap rack when a problem occurred.

I went to Pittsburg Kansas to shoot there 6 stage classifier and with an amazing hit factor of 1.4347 on this one I think I'm assured to start off with a D card. :)

MarkV Mini-Mart

tul9033

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's happened to me, luckily others recognized it before I got another shot off.
Looks like you too were lucky that the bullet wasn't allowing the chambering of another round.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Awesome video! I know that day you lost points. In a real life scenario, you coulda lost a lot more. I'm just glad the slug didn't travel another inch or so farther. You coulda had a Kb! :yikes2:

Hence the importance of a BUG. :thumb:

Again, like I said in another thread...click on my signature and read Rule #9.

I know this was an ammo problem and not a weapon related FUBAR, but still...:ugh2:

Thanks again for the great, informative vid! :woohoo1:

tul9033

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was going to comment on that. I never heard the primer snap that I would of assumed caused the round to be stuck so close to the chamber. All the shots prior sounded/looked full power to me.
The slide actually looks like it came back further on the shot prior to the failure.
What kind of gun is it and were those reloads?

I did get pretty lucky. I've watched that vidoe 100 times not and the squib load shot sounds normal to me.

MarkV

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was running my reloads. I know that's my first squib load that I've made. I bet I've reloaded 5K-7K rounds with no problems other then when I'm first testing a load. Still then never a squib load.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've had it happen twice in 10 years of competition shooting. If you reload and shoot a lot, it's bound to happen eventually. The first time I didn't recognize it either. After running sveral other shooters who've had that happen to them, I recognized it much more quickly the second time. It still didn't stop me from doing a tap rack, but I realized it didn't go fully into battery before pulling the trigger.

Latest posts

Top Bottom