Hand Water Well Pumps

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rick Means

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just bought a hand pump from Bison hand pumps. It seems well made, and once installed the above ground hand pump can be removed by turning 1/4 turn. I am hoping to get it installed soon and can give some feedback. It fits down into your existing well right beside the electric pump pipe. I just wondered if anyone else had any dealing with them.

540Z28

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have been debating on getting a backup hand pump also. Did some research. Bison seems to be the best. Very interested to see how it goes together for you and how it function. How deep is your well?

Boehlertaught

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Cool deal...for when the lights go out. To keep from having to install the hand pump at the last minute when the power is out, will the hand pump work with a submersible pump in place?

mythreal

Marksman
Reaction score
We had our well drilled. It was done by Swinney & Sons out of Macomb Oklahoma. It cost around $3000 . Price depends on how far he has to travel. The well is 160' deep. We put a Simple hand pump with a 36" handle on the well. The cap we got with the pump does allow for a submersible pump as well as the manual.

Latest posts

Top Bottom