Handgun License Renewal

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Penywisexx

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Has anybody renewed their handgun license lately? I just noticed that my handgun license expired back in October. I submitted my renewal online and was curious as to what the lead time currently is for renewals. When I received my initial license about 5 years ago it was about 2 weeks or so. I'm driving cross country in a few weeks and am hoping to have it by then. On a side note I bought a pistol yesterday and my NICS check went through with no delay for the first time in years, usually I get delayed for a few days, so that's a promising sign to me.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think I renewed my carry license last year (it could've been 2019; it's hard to tell after everything that happened last year). I did the online renewal, and I don't recall it taking very long, maybe a couple of weeks.

At this point, about the only thing the license gains you is the ability to carry handguns into restaurants which serve alcohol (though they were supposed to be working on fixing that language) and the ability to carry in some states with reciprocity agreements with Oklahoma (some only have reciprocity for license holders). I wouldn't worry too much in the interim.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
I did it online the first time with no issues. This last time, the software wouldn’t accept my pic. They had no problem taking my money but it was a few months before I could get down to the office and get it straightened out.

Penywisexx

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
It was $85 for 5 years...I only really need it for when I go out of state. I'm driving to Arizona in a few weeks and would like to carry it on my person the whole time and not have to keep it in my lockbox.

Latest posts

Top Bottom