Handguns

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Junior Bonner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The .380s are pleasant and have more of a "Pop!" than a "Pow!" like the 9x18s when coming out of the tube. There were no cycling issues. The slide locked to the rear after the rounds were expended. So, hey! when you read that you can't shoot .380s through a 9x18 Makarov on some other gunboard, well, just go along with it. But you saw it here, on OSA - 1st. I don't advocate it, but I do it. I reiterate - never do vice versa and run 9x18s through a .380 pistol. A 9x18 is too big to go through the barrel of a .380. The 9x18 Makarov is a military weapon designed to run, and it does.

i.imgur.com_TikPScA.jpg

i.imgur.com_yQiaB9s.jpg

Like I said, the .380s were all over the place.

i.imgur.com_dChlXiu.jpg

Junior Bonner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
After carrying a Charter Arms Bulldog as a go to for seven years now, I ordered me annudder budder off of Bud's this afternoon. This one is called the "Tiger." It is still the .44 Special pocket cannon, but I fell in love with those markings. Think I'll carry it deep conceal as a BUG in my chest band so it doesn't get holster wear, and I'll continue carrying the stainless Bulldog in the pancake belt holster.

i.imgur.com_uIfMI4K.jpg_c4ca4238a0b923820dcc509a6f75849b.jpg

Edit: A lot of OSA members who follow this thread will know that I frequently rotate my back up guns as a sort of hobby. It's fun! But I have almost always relied on my Bulldog as the primary go-to. In many pics you can see the Bulldog in its high rider pancake. Yes, yes, yes! There are many better go-tos! And I have them. But I love my Charter Arms Bulldog.

Last edited:

Junior Bonner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This is what I carry for self defense in my Bulldogs. I don't practice with these heavy rounds per se, but I occasionally run a cylinder through.

i.imgur.com_l2DLBkp.jpg

i.imgur.com_AVPFpAx.jpg

i.imgur.com_CU6bYnr.jpg_c4ca4238a0b923820dcc509a6f75849b.jpg

i.imgur.com_ZS7N5Pj.jpg

Target is paper plate. This is a get'em off ya. No shooting from 75'.

i.imgur.com_6eMHZp5.png

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've wanted one of these for quite some time, this isn't helping me stay focused on rifles right now.

ldp4570

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Junior, You really need to get your hands on a SW 624 with a 4" or 3" barrel! I to like the CA Bulldog's, and the older Taurus 431's all in .44Spl. All just great gun's!

Latest posts

Top Bottom