Hardware store fighting knives ?!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dmc707

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I guess I was never aware that this was a thing

Until I saw a YouTubeS video about an Estwing version

—- Duct knife — serrated on one side , damn sharp on the other with a profile reminiscent of an Applegate inspired piece

— and 17$ at Lowe’s. Shoot - grab a couple to throw in the “Go Box” in your Tacoma or Jeep so it can compete with your Cold Steel Bushman for recognition of possibly least useful knife , but cool to have anyway at a price you could justify if you just shook an old coffee can for an hour at a SW OK C intersection

IMG_2199.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_2198.jpeg
    IMG_2198.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 0

Rez Exelon

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
LOL - i have never seen one of those -- to be fair , i do have one of the Bushman knives, but it is largely relegated to food prep and kitchen duty. Sharp as heck and a real nice shape for that type of action
This one is hilarious --- like it includes a pocket/belt clip. Like the only way I could see it getting clipped comfortably in a pocket is if JNCO's from the 90's were still en vogue.

Not like I think that's really the intention with this one. It's more of a portable folding machete from what I gather. I didn't know it existed but I got a rather stellar price on it so I wasn't saying no. I've got the purchase price worth of grins that it exists after all.

Steelers Fan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Never seen anything like those before.
My guess our box stores (democratic owned ?) are recognizing a new market of consumers and trying to profit on what they're familiar with and what they can easily/legally purchase.

Dmc707

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Harbor Freight still sells machetes.

They also have cheap Rambo style knock-off's that will likely break at the hilt if ever used for much more strenuous than opening boxes --- but its my understanding that these Ductwork stilletos can actually be used reasonably hard -- the steel pommel plate is there so you can strike it with a hammer so i am assuming its full tang construction

Im going to use it for a couple of weeks for my day-to-day truck knife (i cut a lot of rope, bailing twine, plus the usual boring stuff like opening boxes, etc. ) will give it the tomato slice text after some use to s ee if it holds an edge.

It passed with flying colors this morning when i was making breakfast , but its brand new- it should

Rez Exelon

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Never seen anything like those before.
My guess our box stores (democratic owned ?) are recognizing a new market of consumers and trying to profit on what they're familiar with and what they can easily/legally purchase.
That is a tin foil conspiracy theory worthy of an award right there:
1725382731660.jpeg

Dmc707

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Latest posts

Top Bottom