Has anyone ever had any problems with H&H gun range?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

YukonGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
gNah, she got an apology from a manager; she's satisfied and just wants to let the incident go. The guy just has a bad sense of customer service, IMO. The Halls did a good job at H&H overall...more than anyone else in OK has done for the whole firearms thing, but some of the employees just suck. Is it any different at a lot of places? Ever get good service at Academy when it comes to dealing with firearms? Dick's? Dong's? (We're seeing a pattern here maybe...)
So, you're saying don't be a dick or dong?

BryanDP

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I like the way they display their handguns there, but the last time I was there (a couple of months ago) two guys sort of hovered over me as I perused the locked cases of handguns. Here are the possible reasons I came up with that they might be doing this:

• Racial profiling
  • I looked super rich and about to unload a bunch of cash.
  • I looked like a thief that was about to smash and grab from the rear of the store.
  • They were looking for a hookup.

None of the above panned out so I guess I'll never know what might have been the cause. I guess my complaint is sort of the opposite of others that couldn't get help though.

I did buy some CCI shotshells that I had been looking for from some unimpressive and barely-could-be-bothered guys at the ammo counter.

The place is a somewhat impressive endeavor until you interact with the staff there. The owners are probably decent people, though, and I feel their pain. I'm a 20 year veteran of the entrepreneur game but finally had to hang it up for a desk job in healthcare because I was completely over dealing with idiot employees.

I still prefer them to Gander Mountain, though!

Bryan

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
moderators deleting threads, discussion and censoring criticism of businesses because of personal relationships really has no place in any firearms community or forum, in my opinion. if that's true.

That IS NOT the reason that thread was deleted. It didn't follow forum guidelines, and after a couple of private warnings about name calling and other violations it was deleted.
There were no personal relationships involved.
Anybody advocating that response is incorrect.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't live in OKC, but have had nothing but good service from H&H. Bought my wife's CC there. Zeke in the reloading department and those in that area are very helpful and for the most part knowledgeable in the area of reloading. They had powder/primers when others didn't and were not over priced. Yeah, they doled them out so that other customers had a shot at getting some when things were tight which made it tough for me to travel 130 miles to get a pound of powder and 400 primers, but I come to OKC on occasion to shoot and made it a stop.
I despise indoor ranges, but understand the need in urban areas. That is one area of complaint that should be addressed. Safety First and Big Boys (that I've never been to) have good AC and Filtration. H&H should address that.
Been in there a couple dozen times and always had somebody ask if I needed help
except for once or twice.
I've been to Walmart a hundred times and got asked if I needed help very few times.
Went to the Stillwater Walmart last week, stood in front of the ammo counter for 20 minutes asking every employee that walked by from the back for help. (They had .22 ammo on the shelf!)
Finally the manager showed up after I called the store on my phone and asked for help at the ammo counter. She said they had two keys to the ammo display counter, and both employees were out to lunch.
If I didn't mind waiting an hour, they would be back and more than glad to help me. WTF?
You guys are bitching about H&H??

caojyn

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
As you can see, there are conflicting legends. The real story is lost to history. Perhaps someday, future generations will learn what actually happened, but as for now, it's up for you to decide.
Perhaps it's better this way...it's good to have something to hope for.

saddlebum

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That IS NOT the reason that thread was deleted. It didn't follow forum guidelines, and after a couple of private warnings about name calling and other violations it was deleted.
There were no personal relationships involved.
Anybody advocating that response is incorrect.
BS. fat larry and Yukon glocker have a relationship of an unknown nature and that is why it was deleted

Latest posts

Top Bottom