1. Welcome to Oklahoma Shooters Association! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.
  2. All members receive 3 free listings a month. Get unlimited listings for just $10 a year! Click here for all the info.

Have any of guys canned meat?

Discussion in 'Preppers' Corner' started by THAT Gurl, Aug 6, 2020.

1. swampratt

swampratt Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    I welcome you to the sight Cowbaby.
    I must have you elaborate on the above.
    When I remove the pressure canner from the heat I let the pressure go down on it's own.
    I DO NOT pull the cork and release pressure quickly.

What way do you do it? Just curious.

2. Cowbaby

Cowbaby Sharpshooter

Supporter
    That's the proper way. I let it cool down too but I have cheated on the last 2-3 pounds and bleed it off with the pop off just so I would'nt scald my face off opening the lid. You have to remember I said I did whole deer that required multiple batches of long boils and was just trying to speed it up anyway I could.
    So yes, don't quote me, let it cool down on its own or you run the risk of burning your face or losing some of your liquid out of the jars is all.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2021
  3. 2busy

2busy Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    fiddling with the heat trying to keep the jiggler steady will cause liquid to boil out of the jars also.
    Take small adjustments and let the canner slowly change temperatures.
    make sure you get the air bubbles out of the contents in the jar before you put the lids on. Finger tight is all you need. Do not tighten them down, you need to let the steam escape.

Just follow the directions with the canner and make sure everything is operating correctly. I can cases of vegetables/sauce every year.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2021
    dennishoddy likes this.
  4. h4everything

h4everything Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    I have canned a bunch of delicious deer meat. follow the directions in this thread and you will be awarded with perfect stew meat and meat for gravy and noodles.

dennishoddy likes this.