Have you ever bought a gun that the majority of guntubers/influencers didn't like?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beardking

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's the GFZ from G-Force Arms. It was on sale for like $199 with a couple extra magazines. Hard to pass up. I've also heard about some reliability issues with the Turkish guns, but mine seems to be holding up OK after a couple hundred rounds. Mostly buck shot and bird shot.
I may just have to check that thing out. Can't find it for $199 right now, but it's still not too outrageous. Especially for basically just a fun gun.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
Back in 1978, I turned 21 and bought my first handgun. The “influencers” at the time were all the LEO’s that worked for my father and they all questioned me on “why” I bought a 45ACP Browning BDA.

Still have that Browning BDA (with the original box and owner’s manual). Great gun.
I bought the same gun, a Sig Sauer Browning BDA in 45. I could have purchased the 9 or the 38 Super but went with the 45. Two things made me sell it. #1 I couldn't hit sheite with it because of the grip angle and #2 I couldn't carry it on duty because of the bottom magazine release causing a two-handed operation to eject a magazine.
IMG_5073.JPG

GorillaG

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Haven't paid attention to a gun tuber.
I've noticed when provided with a free gun to test or if sponsored those YouTube "reviews" are about 98% positive. I like to check out reviews before I buy to make sure I'm not buying some legendary lemon design but reviewers who pay cold, hard cash for the guns they review tend to be more accurate. Even at that you'll see a lot of reviews that seem to just defend their choices. The very best review are those where the guy pays for the gun himself then HATES it. I was tempted to buy an Beretta M4 clone now that the patent expired there's a million clones. The reviewer I first watched said his (furnished) model ran flawlessly and ate every load glitch free. 2nd reviewer (same gun) but personally purchased, couldn't get through one mag of ANY load. He literally threw it in the dumpster at the end.

HFS

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I bought the same gun, a Sig Sauer Browning BDA in 45. I could have purchased the 9 or the 38 Super but went with the 45. Two things made me sell it. #1 I couldn't hit sheite with it because of the grip angle and #2 I couldn't carry it on duty because of the bottom magazine release causing a two-handed operation to eject a magazine.
View attachment 487802
That was a bit of money back then.
The sales tax was 3 percent. :cry11:

Blue Heeler

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
View attachment 487802
Looks like you got yours a few months before me … and paid less!

The gun I originally wanted for my first gun was a Browning Hi Power. Then I saw the Browning BDA. For me, the look and feel was all it took. Out of the box, it fed anything with amazing accuracy. Other than European mag release that does not make for a speedy reload, for me, it was a great fit. Even after getting the Browning Hi Power (that Austin Behlert later tuned) and having several Colt 1911’s including 1911’s tuned by Behlert and Pachmayr, I would always go back to that BDA.

Pictures of my BDA and my SIG P220. The SIG P220 has the SIG Thin Grips and was tuned by “The Sig Armorer” (Robert Burke) who made a great gun even better.

Attachments

• A3CAD3B0-A1F8-4C3C-98EC-607B8BBE904C.jpeg
    A3CAD3B0-A1F8-4C3C-98EC-607B8BBE904C.jpeg
    2.3 MB
  • 5EC4169D-B444-4988-BE35-3658CBD7F7F0.jpeg
    5EC4169D-B444-4988-BE35-3658CBD7F7F0.jpeg
    2.4 MB
Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom