Having Fun With A Tikka

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jcann

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I took my 260 Tikka T3 CTR out yesterday just to re-verify a batch of reloads. I had remembered them not doing too well at 100 yards, a little over 1 moa, but had 50 of them loaded in Lapua brass and wanted to shoot them up in order to load something better.

I sat the steel out at 300 yards, set up on my shooting bench, dialed 4.2 moa elevation and 1.3 moa for a right to left wind. I Loaded 9 rounds in the mag firing them in succession in about 2 minutes. The horizontal spread I know for a fact was due to wind but still not bad for a load I’m not considering keeping. These were the first 9 rounds out of the barrel Saturday.

This was the first time I’ve ever looked at groups other than at 100 yards.

Extreme Horizontal Spread = 2.86” or 0.95 moa

Extreme Vertical Spread = 1.20” or 0.40 moa

Steel Target.JPG

magna19

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Good shooting!!!! It was a tricky wind yesterday for me. Had SE to SW wind whipping back and forth at 50 yd for archery shooting. It was like every 10-15 yds a different direction.

Glock 40

Problem Solver
Special Hen
Reaction score
Good shooting!!!! It was a tricky wind yesterday for me. Had SE to SW wind whipping back and forth at 50 yd for archery shooting. It was like every 10-15 yds a different direction.
So it was typical Oklahoma weather. Light and variable which means it blows 10-15 from every direction.

Jcann

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think I would try some fine tuning on that load before giving up on it......

I haven't yet but I should be able to get a lot more speed. Tikka's have notoriously slow barrels but I should be able to get more than 2683fps with a 140 grain bullet. We safely get 2887fps out of my sons 260 Savage with 140 grain bullets using Remington brass but he has a 24" barrel and I have a 20".

Latest posts

Top Bottom