Hayday Ammo purchase

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Timmy59

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Brownells has been doing the best for me here lately, anyway I ordered 4 / 500 bricks of Aguila .22 for $18.99 a brick = $75.96 minus $10 bucks and free shipping for orders over $75=$65.96 / 2000..
Which is 3.3 cpr, well they canceled 3 bricks and are sending 1 / 500 brick for 8.99 which is 1.8cpr so I guess I shouldn't complain should I ? I wondered why the bank had $8.99, almost needless to say I want back to brownells and ordered 1000 blazer .22 and a wee bit of S&B 9mm.. Life is good in me bubble..

Cowcatcher

Unarmed boating accident survivor
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I just came out of Academy down 169 in Tulsa and you'd think there's a 22 ammo crisis on again. Lol. I usually grab a couple hundred CCI sv whenever I'm near some. They had none. I picked up a couple hundred CCI stingers. Never shot em before and I know one of our rifles likes sv over hv. Oh well, something will eat em.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
I just came out of Academy down 169 in Tulsa and you'd think there's a 22 ammo crisis on again. Lol. I usually grab a couple hundred CCI sv whenever I'm near some. They had none. I picked up a couple hundred CCI stingers. Never shot em before and I know one of our rifles likes sv over hv. Oh well, something will eat em.
I have a little beretta bobcat that will only run on stingers. I always pick up a box when I see em

emapples

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Stingers are what I shoot primarily ....nothing wrong with those

Tanis143

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Try the academy on I-44, I have better luck with .22 ammo there than the one on 81st and 169. I usually get Blazer .22's as my P22 eats them like a kid eats candy and at 2.50 a box they are cheap. The 81st store is almost always out of Blazer .22's but I can usually find them at the I-44 one.

Cowcatcher

Unarmed boating accident survivor
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Try the academy on I-44, I have better luck with .22 ammo there than the one on 81st and 169. I usually get Blazer .22's as my P22 eats them like a kid eats candy and at 2.50 a box they are cheap. The 81st store is almost always out of Blazer .22's but I can usually find them at the I-44 one.
I appreciate the info. I've got a pretty good stash. I was just at the store while the girls were shoppin. I always grab something even if I don't need it when I go to town. My wife prefers the one on 81st for whatever reason. We quite often go to both it seems. Today I was even gonna splurge and buy some of that expensive self defense ammo but they had none in 357 mag. I did grab the wife a couple 30rd mags for her AR. I've always bought Magpul but Academy had MFT on sale for $7.99. Idk if they are any good but they've got a lifetime warranty and didn't cost much.

Tanis143

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I appreciate the info. I've got a pretty good stash. I was just at the store while the girls were shoppin. I always grab something even if I don't need it when I go to town. My wife prefers the one on 81st for whatever reason. We quite often go to both it seems. Today I was even gonna splurge and buy some of that expensive self defense ammo but they had none in 357 mag. I did grab the wife a couple 30rd mags for her AR. I've always bought Magpul but Academy had MFT on sale for $7.99. Idk if they are any good but they've got a lifetime warranty and didn't cost much.

I was just there earlier in the week and almost picked up a few those myself. The only ammo I get at Academy is .22 or .223 as Wal-Mart usually has the WWB in 9 and .40 for cheaper.

Latest posts

Top Bottom