HB1607 Little League Protection Act

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cowmugger

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Heads up if you have a handgun carry license. This bill would make more Gun Free Zones by adding the 7th paragraph to "UNLAWFUL CARRY IN CERTAIN PLACES", Section 1277.

"7. Any park, recreational area or other facility where a youth sports activity is taking place; and"

I spoke with Janice in Jerry McPeak's office on Tuesday. She believes carry in these places BEGAN in November 2012 with the addition of open carry.

More restrictions on only those who have the license will solve none of the current problems. It will, however, continue to make it difficult to mainstream self-defense and firearms. Many people groups have successfully moved their lifestyle choices into the "normal" category by living their lifestyle in public.

Another concern I have about the language in this simple sentence is "Any...other facility", pretty much everything is a "facility". And, the 4H skeet shooting practice at a private range is a "youth sports activity", as well as cheer leading, barrel racing, quad racing......

I will contact the committee when this thing is assigned, hopefully they will be a firewall.

Copied from the Representative's page:
Representative McPeak, Jerry
District 13 - Democrat
Capitol Address:
2300 N. Lincoln Blvd.
Room 503
Oklahoma City, OK 73105
(405) 557-7302
[email protected]

hrdware

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
McPeak thinks that we should "protect our children" since we protect our NBA players and college players but not our children at sporting events.

If this even gets a committee hearing, there will be lots of people contacting the committee about this one.

CoachR64

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Someone remind mr mcpeak that collegiate, professional, and even high school games provide armed security to protect patrons. Youth activities do no such thing. We the people are that armed resistance protecting those kids.

okiebryan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Spent all afternoon at the Capitol. Eddie and I met with Rep Steve Martin, chairman of the House Public Safety Committee, and the major reason we have OC today. He is presently inclined not to hear HB1607, the "little league protection act", authored by McPeak. I hope that he follows through with that intention. This bill needs to die a quick death, before someone gets a bright idea to rewrite it into something that could actually pass.

pokesfan74

New to the site!
Reaction score
I received an email from the local soccer club president about this bill. He didn't come out and support it, but sent out the email as an "FYI" (although his tone sure sounded like he supported it). I promptly replied to him, Steve Martin, and Jerry McPeak to let them know what I thought...

Do we know if this died in committee?

Latest posts

Top Bottom