Heard A Rumor About H&H.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
He is a RECENTLY retired COMBAT vet. Just got honorably discharged 3 months ago.

No excuse for a rude employee, but is your buddy recently retired or just discharged? Did he present a current ID card?

Big difference in terms and eligibility when a company offers a military discount versus a veteran's discount.

Hump66

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've got a current ID card but its for the Reserves. Sometimes they give me discount on range time, sometimes they don't, just depends on who you get at the register I guess.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Sounds like the policy needs to be clarified and communicated to their employees. Military discount: Does it include Guard, Reserve and Retired, or is it just for Active Duty?

I have zero problem if it is an "Active Duty only" discount, but clarify, and be consistent

Hump66

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sounds like the policy needs to be clarified and communicated to their employees. Military discount: Does it include Guard, Reserve and Retired, or is it just for Active Duty?

I have zero problem if it is an "Active Duty only" discount, but clarify, and be consistent

Exactly.

bulletbiter

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Last year, I was in H&H looking around and was going to impulse buy on a Mathews Z7 bow since it was there in left-hand and my draw length. I was waiting at the counter for OVER 20 minutes. One sales person was helping an archer but the other was standing behind the counter EATING A SANDWICH without acknowledging my presence the entire time. Then walks past me to help someone who just walked up to the counter with a bow to get repaired. I don't mind the waiting, but the lack of courtesy from "sales" people not even saying "Hello, it will just be a few minutes and then I will help you." really disappoints me. Needless to say, I haven't been in there since and they lost a $1300 sale (fully loaded bow and gear) to Murf's Guns in Duncan.

FAL guy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
One sales person was helping an archer but the other was standing behind the counter EATING A SANDWICH without acknowledging my presence the entire time.

We have made major changes in the archery shop staffing and hopefully the sandwich eater is gone. If you drop by I'll hook you up with an hour on our TechnoHunt range to make up for the terrible service you received last year. PM me if feel like you could give us another chance, we would value the chance to re-earn your business.

.45Fats

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
so I know this is an H&H bashing thread and all, and I've had my share of bad experiences with trying to get sales staff to help...BUT on the guys at the archery range last weekend. GREAT customer service experience, I've never done anything with a bow and the salesman there took the time to explain the ins and outs, what I would need to get started and what to skip on, even which bows were best to get a good all around entry level experience and this was with 0 pressure to buy just two guys talking and him explaining a whole lot of information to me.
:)
that is all you may now carry on with your #%@#&ing.

eellis

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Much praise to you FALGUY for your customer service. I've had both good and bad encounters at H&H but I've had good and bad encounters everywhere else as well.

Latest posts

Top Bottom