Heartland Match 3rd Sunday, April 18th

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

David E

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We'll have our second match at Heartland April 18th.

A couple notes:

We'll try straight-up IDPA scoring. Jesse has a laptop and has volunteered to do the scores at the match. If you are not familiar with IDPA scoring, it might be a good idea to learn it.

We'll have one FLASHLIGHT ONLY stage. It'll be 8 rds, probably, so no reloads. (revolvers will have special rules)

We may have some IDPA targets by then, but otherwise, we'll shoot Ol' Blue again.

I'm considering making the divisions more IDPA-like, but allowing any length revolver, ported guns and snubbies. Input would be appreciated.

Also, if you have any stage suggestions, please let me know asap.

David E

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
When: 3rd Sunday Night of each month.

Time: 6 pm (after close)

Match Type: Handgun only. IPSC rules with IDPA scoring.

Prizes: YES! Just under 50% of the match fees will go toward Heartland Outdoor Gift certificates! Use 'em like cash. Looking at $50 certificates to be awarded at random. Who else is awarding valuable prizes????

Stages: Four

Equipment: Practical guns .38 spl/9mm or larger, carried in practical gear. No "competition only" handguns or holsters.

Divisions:

Low Cap = 9 rd mags or less.
High Cap = 10 rd mags or more (load 'em up!)
Revolver = any revolver, barrel length 2.26" or longer, any capacity.
PDL = Ported (like the Glock "C" models) Dot (like the Optima red dot) and Lasers. If your 5-shot J-frame has a laser, it'll compete in this division.
SubCompact: Semi-autos with barrels 3.5" or shorter.
Snubby: 5-shot with 2.25" or shorter barrels.

Cost: $20

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Sounds fun!

One request though. Could you bump the snubby revolver class to 2.5" barrel length? I gotta 2.5" Model 66 that is just screaming to shoot this match!

David E

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Could you bump the snubby revolver class to 2.5" barrel length?

That's the gun I was thinking of when I specifically made the max snubby barrel length 2.25"

The J-frame guns are a class unto themselves. To expect them to compete heads up with a K or L frame with a 2.5" barrel with adjustable sights isn't realistic.

However, a good shooter using a 2.5" 66 could keep up with the 4" barreled guns, especially at this match. You're looking for a challenge, aren't you ?

David E

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You can bring your own flashlight or use the 6P provided.

I need to make sure a flashlight only stage will work, as I want it to be totally dark.

Me, I'm going to use the light to see my target(s)

The 1911 Single Stack Nationals typically has a flashlight-only stage, so I thought it'd be a good idea to have one here.

mike_pinto

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
So when you say no competition only guns.... Can you make another division for magwell'd guns? There has to be a way for all of us to shoot! :)

C'mon David, all the cool kids let S_I's play! :)

Latest posts

Top Bottom