Heartland Match 3rd Sunday, April 18th

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That's the gun I was thinking of when I specifically made the max snubby barrel length 2.25"

The J-frame guns are a class unto themselves. To expect them to compete heads up with a K or L frame with a 2.5" barrel with adjustable sights isn't realistic.

However, a good shooter using a 2.5" 66 could keep up with the 4" barreled guns, especially at this match. You're looking for a challenge, aren't you ?

LOL. Drat....

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I might join you, though I've been informed that my snubbie isn't a snubbie I think? I'll take that as a good thing. :blush:

:rubhands: Or I might just download to 5 rounds and use a friend's Ruger Alaskan 44mag. :mosh: But then that 2.5" thing rears it's head again.
Hey David, how about a 2 1/8" barrel, fixed sight gun downloaded to 5 rounds? :ugh2:

Or I might just go 180 degrees and shoot high cap. I figure that with enough rounds going down range maybe I can light up that flashlight stage. :anyone:

WhiteyMacD

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This is another "practical carry" type match, correct?

One question, I know you said special rules for wheel guns on the flashlight round,... but what about guns that would qualifyunder low-cap, but have a capacity less than the 8rds? Allowed reload? (Subcompact 45 w/ 6 round cap) I guess I could pickup a +2 extension, or I could just shoot my high cap I guess.

Pstmstr

AKA Michael Cox. Back by popular demand.
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
I think the rules should state that you have to shoot what you've carried for the last 7 days. There's a ton of matches where you can shoot high caps and competition sized guns.

Mitch H.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think the rules should state that you have to shoot what you've carried for the last 7 days. There's a ton of matches where you can shoot high caps and competition sized guns.

I like the way you are thinking Mike! What about also shooting from concealment in the SAME manner you carry daily? I'll do it if you will Mike! Damn the gamers! ;)

Latest posts

Top Bottom