Heartland Match 3rd Sunday, April 18th

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

David E

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So since mine is a short dustcover and I can remove my magwell, is it legal? That was actually a serious question!

YES, it's legal.

I thought I already covered that.....

Honestly, it's tempting to simply adopt the IDPA rules regarding the guns. That way, if anyone has a complaint, they can ***** to Bill Wilson about it. Of course, no one will shoot their compact .45's or Glock 26's or ported guns.

I'll do a serious reevaluation after the 3rd match.

Mitch H.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
YES, it's legal.

I thought I already covered that.....

Honestly, it's tempting to simply adopt the IDPA rules regarding the guns. That way, if anyone has a complaint, they can ***** to Bill Wilson about it. Of course, no one will shoot their compact .45's or Glock 26's or ported guns.

I'll do a serious reevaluation after the 3rd match.

I'll be honest also. I would like to see this match eventually turn into a sanctioned IDPA match. We have two REALLY good USPSA matches in the OKC area every month. It would be great to have an IDPA club again in OKC.

jtischauser

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'll be honest too. I was using a magwell, DOH, and 85 power factor loads at the last match:( :sorry1:

Man I feel better now!

AS much as I hate to admit it, I think Mike's earlier point about having more guns/shooters at the match, is a good one. More customers/business is why Heartland is allowing us to shoot the match anyways right? We have diferent divisions for different guns. What if we only have division winners and no overall winner?

Or, Maybe we need to have another match there on the 4th Sunday night for USPSA guns? :thumbup3:

I like the idea of IDPA a lot but not so much on the engaging targets in a tactical sequence or the reloads with cover. I guess the way to eliminate that is to not have any cover, EVER!

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'll be honest also. I would like to see this match eventually turn into a sanctioned IDPA match. We have two REALLY good USPSA matches in the OKC area every month. It would be great to have an IDPA club again in OKC.

That's a pretty good point actually.

And I just sold my exquisite S&W 625 and one of the reasons that I did was that there were not any IDPA matches local. Oh well, if it happens down the road I'll pick up a 610. :naughty:

How about a sanctioned IDPA but "relax" the rules just for fun matches 3 or 4 times a year? Just a thought.

Mitch H.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I like the idea of IDPA a lot but not so much on the engaging targets in a tactical sequence or the reloads with cover. I guess the way to eliminate that is to not have any cover, EVER!

Just think about it as another game with different challenges. That's the direction I'm coming from.

Pstmstr

AKA Michael Cox. Back by popular demand.
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
Let's just make it interesting and shoot the whiners. :) the original intent was to shoot everyday carry guns. I would think that would draw plenty of a shooters that might get hooked and get into the other matches around town too.

WhiteyMacD

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Snubby: 5-shot with 2.25" or shorter barrels.

If your snubby has a barrel 2.25" or shorter, it's good to go. If it holds six, you can download to five to shoot with the J-frames. If a reload is required, you can load 6, but only shoot 5.

Pocket carry is a no-go..........Sock carry.............um, no-go as well.

If you have a very low-cap semi-auto, we'll extend the "special rules" to those guns, as well.

Since the match concept is my idea, I suppose I am the authority of what constitutes a carry/defense gun or not. While I recognize that some people keep an STI Grandmaster with a C-more red dot on their nightstand, I'm not going to allow it at this match. That some people carry, perhaps even concealed, a 6" Long Heavy Dustcover STI with a mongo magwell is not lost on me. But that gun won't be allowed at this match.

Please understand, this match is supposed to be about shooting your actual CARRY/DEFENSE gun, as long as that gun complies with the rules. It is supposed to be a venue to shoot your actual carry gun in a competitive environment.

I am allowing more gun options than IDPA would allow. But I doubt there would be as much static if we were following those rules as I'm getting about these rules.

_I_ am not excluding any shooter!

The shooter that won't shoot the match unless he can shoot his racegun is excluding himself .

Hoe you didnt think I was trying to be difficult. I just wanted to know. It would make a difference in which gun I would use.

Latest posts

Top Bottom