Heartland Match Oct 17th!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Incidentally and on a more positive note-I had a ton of fun shooting the snubby at the match. I'd never done that before (except for a few rounds to try out Mike's guns) and until Sunday had maintained a constant hatred for small revolvers (and really all revolvers).

Totally converted now! Hooray. :)

You know I mentioned to someone that you had told me that you hated revolvers. And that you sure couldn't tell it by the way you shot them!

Pstmstr

AKA Michael Cox. Back by popular demand.
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
Now that is a done deal as I wanted to smash the range masters face on the other squad. When there is no need for me to follow the crowd and "watch" them tape holes.... since they had covered I chose to stand back and watch. If said individual would have barked another order at me there would have been trouble! Next time I am coming with you for my own good and the sanctity of the "fun", "friendly" environment. Sorry I just don't appreciate some douche having a power trip.

First of all, I wasn't yelling at any one individual and find your post bordering on 3 yr old like behavior. I'm an adult, you appear to be one, if there was an issue, you could have mentioned it to me or at a minimum pm'd me since it's quite apparent you know my user name. The rules are simple, if you aren't loading a mag from just having shot, ro'ing, scoring, or on deck, you need to be helping reset the stage. This keeps it moving and makes it fun for all. We had several shooters in our squad standing around when they should have been helping. The "yelling" was an announcement to all, not directed at you personally. I either ro'd or scored the entire match which isn't a problem but it does make it tougher to focus on my own shooting. No biggie, I enjoy the sport. 99% of the people I've met shooting are great, from new shooters to Grand Masters. Ease up on trying to be a bada$$, there's other sports for people like that. If you still feel the need to "smash my face" pm me, we can set up a time and place for your failed attempt at that. :kiss:

Pstmstr

Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
I directed everyone to read it and everyone told me they did!

A couple months ago, I had just covered the "cold range, don't draw your gun until told to do so by the RO" and someone pulled their gun while folks were downrange taping. HE didn't read the protocols, either........

Yep. I've seen a guy at h&h load his glock after the match on the sales floor, then stick it unholstered in his girlfriends backpack. The rules are for a reason, everyone needs to read and adhere.

David E

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I hope this is my last post on this particular subject.

I will have the scorekeeper call out names to do the taping.

I will buy more rolls of tape, so everyone can find some and go help tape even if their name isn't called.

This is really a non-issue, having talked to several people who were there and reading their posts here about it, so let's not make this into something it never was.

David E

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ok, I'm up for encouraging another snubby-fest for November......

Remember, snubby shooters have first crack at the $50 certificate. The snubby shooters had a 1 in 4 chance of drawing that first certificate....

Who's in????????????????

Pstmstr

Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
Ok, I'm up for encouraging another snubby-fest for November......

Remember, snubby shooters have first crack at the $50 certificate. The snubby shooters had a 1 in 4 chance of drawing that first certificate....

Who's in????????????????

Me. I'm shooting snubby or sub compact at all of the Heartland matches since that's what carry. Letsg et more than 4 doing it this time. I can share my gun with someone and will even provide the ammo at what it cost me if someone wants to give it a try. Make Jesse load from his pocket this time. :thumb:

Jefpainthorse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
>>>>looks for hacksaw to make snubby<<<<<<

Just kidding... SW 60? or the ported, titanium Taurus 85? Leave the long distance strings in next months stages... I need the work.

You guys make a fun Sunday .... enjoyed every outing and look forward to the next!

David E

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm shooting snubby or sub compact at all of the Heartland matches since that's what carry.

Ah, the reason I created this match in the first place! An outlet to shoot your actual carry gun in a competitive environment! I shot the first few matches with my .45 Kimber Compact Aluminum Stainless from my KyTac BraveHeart IWB holster. I couldn't recall the last time I fired more than 50 rds at one outing thru that gun.

I am reevaluating certain things regarding this match, including maybe adding another division, changing up the scoring and a couple other things......stay tuned!

(I'll discuss specifics in the thread about the November match)

Latest posts

Top Bottom