Heartland Match Sunday, May 16th is a GO!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Heartland Match Preferences (choose all that apply)

• I want to do realistic scenario based stages, even if match round count was low (24 or less).

Votes: 6 33.3%
  • I don't mind 6 rds for each target if it's challenging and gets the round count up. (50rds or more)

Votes: 7 38.9%
  • Mix it up, but keep the round count at 40 rds or higher

Votes: 8 44.4%
  • I like the different targets. (people, IDPA, smurf, etc)

Votes: 8 44.4%
  • I'd rather see the IDPA targets all the time.

Votes: 5 27.8%
  • I like surprise stages once in awhile, even tho it takes longer.

• Surprise stages are cool, but they take too long. Don't do 'em!

Votes: 6 33.3%
  • I'd like to do a "qualification" style match once or twice a year.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

David E

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Here is an updated copy of the flyer:

When:
3rd Sunday Night of each month.
Signup: Starts 5:30

Match Type:
Handgun only. IPSC rules with IDPA-like scoring.
Stages: Four (typically)
Round Count: 50 – 70 rds required.

Equipment: Practical guns .38 spl/9mm or larger, carried in practical gear. Holster must cover triggerguard. Two spare magazines or 2 speedloaders will get you thru any stage. No shoulder holsters or cross-draw rigs. No Competition Only guns or gear.
Rules: Basically, IPSC rules with IDPA-like scoring.
Divisions:
Low Cap = 10 rd mags or less. (you may load magazines down for this division)
High Cap = 11 rd mags or more (load 'em up!)
Revolver = any revolver, barrel length 2.26" or longer, any capacity.
PDLL = Ported (like the Glock "C" models) Dot (like the Optima red dot) Lasers and gun-mounted Lights. If your 5-shot J-frame has a laser, it'll compete in this division.
SubCompact: Semi-autos with barrels 3.5" or shorter.
Snubby: 5-shot with 2.25" or shorter barrels.
Prizes: YES! $50 Heartland Outdoor Gift certificates!
Awarded randomly! Must be present to win.
Limited to first 40 shooters!​
Cost: $20
(active military and full-time Law Enforcement ½ price)​

mike_pinto

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I have a couple of questions.

I never received the emailed results from you for the first match. I asked around and I'm not the only one. When can we expect the results?

Will we be starting at 6pm? Our late start was frustrating last month. Several of us got there at 5:30 to help setup but there was nobody there til 6:05 to guide us. As a result, we didn't start shooting until 6:45.

What are you worried about Mitch? You will be exhausted from shooting 12 stages of 3-gun! :)

Mitch H.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
No, we won't be starting at 6 pm. That's when they close. We are not guaranteed access to the ranges until after 6 pm. They will not kick out paying customers just so we can start setting up our match early, nor would I expect them to.

Nor would I. I was merely going off your request prior to the first match to have help setting up. Your request was for us to be there at 5:30.

And don't forget, WE'RE A NEW CLUB !! Heartland and I are still working together trying to figure out exactly how these matches are going to work, logistics-wise, etc.

I've shot many Local, State and even National matches that didn't start on time, so give a new club a break, will ya ? ;)

As a new club, I thought I would share a concern that was mentioned by several shooters. I would hope you have the ability to accept constructive criticism.

Mitch H.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Regarding the results from the first match, the scores are lost.

We've since dispensed with that particular scoring system, so drawing any conclusions based on the first match against any other just won't work.

I apologize to those that were anxiously awaiting the results of the first match.

It wasn't really about conclusions or anxiously awaiting results. It was about a match director stating he would send out the results and it not happening.

Latest posts

Top Bottom