Heartland Match Sunday, May 16th is a GO!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Heartland Match Preferences (choose all that apply)

• I want to do realistic scenario based stages, even if match round count was low (24 or less).

Votes: 6 33.3%
  • I don't mind 6 rds for each target if it's challenging and gets the round count up. (50rds or more)

Votes: 7 38.9%
  • Mix it up, but keep the round count at 40 rds or higher

Votes: 8 44.4%
  • I like the different targets. (people, IDPA, smurf, etc)

Votes: 8 44.4%
  • I'd rather see the IDPA targets all the time.

Votes: 5 27.8%
  • I like surprise stages once in awhile, even tho it takes longer.

• Surprise stages are cool, but they take too long. Don't do 'em!

Votes: 6 33.3%
  • I'd like to do a "qualification" style match once or twice a year.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

jtischauser

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think the two piece belt is way more competition-ey than a doh bladetech.

The CRSpeed is definately built purposely for competition but there isn't any competitive advantage other than you can move your pouches around a little more freely. A DOH is such a competitive advatage for a speedy draw which is why everyone uses them. Oh what's that? Everyone doesn't use them?

I don't make the rules I'm just repeating them.

blutch

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Jesse, I'm not sure i have those on my rig, but you can show me if I do. I'm not competitive anyway since I'm basically a rank beginner. So, no worries about me having any advantage.. I'm slow as hell. :-)

B

David E

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
In the original thread, I said this:

IDPA has practical divisions, but I don't see too many folks shooting their Glock 26. No, they shoot the match with their Glock 34, then wear their G-26 home. Ask them when they shot it last and they'd have to pause and think about it for a minute.

That's where this match comes in. Ideally, it gives the shooter a place to shoot his carry/defense/nightstand gun in a competitive venue against other similar guns. This improves the shooter with his chosen carry/defense gun.

This means NO "Open" style raceguns. No race holsters. No Dropped-Off-Set holsters. No mag pouches forward of the hip bone. No race-type magwells.

I did not specifically address velcro gun belts only because I didn't think of it.

I won't disallow them at the May match, but I'll be reevaluating the entire premise of this match first thing Monday, as the 3 match trial period will be over.

I welcome any and all well reasoned input.

jtischauser

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't see any problems with a CRSpeed belt for this match even though you wouldn't use the double belt system for daily carry. The DOH type or even a ghost holster is not very tactical/practical for everyday carry unless you wear a trench coat everyday.

Rule duscussions aren't any fun! Nobody ever agrees on everything.

Personally I am using this match to make myself better at IDPA shooting. Last month I brought my cheesy concealement garment that I would never actually use in daily use for concealment but I didn't use it during the match because nobody else was using one. So I would have been slower if I was wearing it.

blutch

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well, Hail.. I won't be there now. Range bag is all loaded up.. everything is ready to go, but we just got NAILED. Sustained baseball sized hail. Shattered my windshield and has just pummeled my property. Oh well. next time.

B

Latest posts

Top Bottom