Heartland Match Sunday, May 16th is a GO!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Heartland Match Preferences (choose all that apply)

• I want to do realistic scenario based stages, even if match round count was low (24 or less).

Votes: 6 33.3%
  • I don't mind 6 rds for each target if it's challenging and gets the round count up. (50rds or more)

Votes: 7 38.9%
  • Mix it up, but keep the round count at 40 rds or higher

Votes: 8 44.4%
  • I like the different targets. (people, IDPA, smurf, etc)

Votes: 8 44.4%
  • I'd rather see the IDPA targets all the time.

Votes: 5 27.8%
  • I like surprise stages once in awhile, even tho it takes longer.

• Surprise stages are cool, but they take too long. Don't do 'em!

Votes: 6 33.3%
  • I'd like to do a "qualification" style match once or twice a year.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

LurchYNWA

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
That was a blast. I survived a few firsts tonight.

-first shooting match
-first time to draw from a holster
-first time to reload and continue shooting
-first time to fire one-handed

and probably a few others!

I think next time my goal will be to reduce the number of points deducted. Then I can work on going faster!

Kyle (aka the tall guy!)

grwd

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
That was a blast. I survived a few firsts tonight.

-first shooting match
-first time to draw from a holster
-first time to reload and continue shooting
-first time to fire one-handed

and probably a few others!

I think next time my goal will be to reduce the number of points deducted. Then I can work on going faster!

Kyle (aka the tall guy!)

Hi Kyle,
You were a good safe, competitor.
Youre on the right track.

To quote Rob Leatham "Shoot for accuracy and take the speed for granted".
-ie; the speed will come; make your shots!

jtischauser

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Here are the results.

I think the match went very well last night. We ended up shooting 5 stages in total. Three stages were fast standards types and two stages incorporated movement and moving targets.

We started sign in at 5:30 as usual. The setup and walk through were finished and the first hammer fell by 6:30. All 5 stages were setup from the start so there was no down time in between stage 1-2 & 3-4-5.

Congrats to Mike Cyrwus who took HOA (ME = :crying:) and Lo-Cap division. :clap3:

Thanks to everyone who helped setup and tear & tear down.

I will try to post up my videos later today.

See you next month and please bring a friend or two.

Attachments

• 5-16-10 Heartland Outdoors Score Sheet.pdf
    19.4 KB · Views: 240

LurchYNWA

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Alright... a couple of questions.

-What is HOA?

-I understand the point system (1 = 1/2 sec), but what is the "total Penalty seconds" column from?

-In the stage side of the score sheet, what are PE, HNT, FNT, and FT DR?

jtischauser

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Alright... a couple of questions.

-What is HOA?

-I understand the point system (1 = 1/2 sec), but what is the "total Penalty seconds" column from?

HOA is High Over All. Meaning that the HOA shooter won the entire match not just his division.

Total Penalty Seconds are the summation of the Penaties. The penalties are PE, HNT, FNT, and FTDR. Its basically time that has been added to your score for everything other than points down time.

PE=Procedural Penalty which is basically doing something while shooting that the stage description disallowed you to do. For instance shooting with your feet not completely in the boxes on the ground woudl result in a PE penalty for each shot.
HNT=Hit No Shoot. That is shooting the good guys or the white targets.
FNT=Failure to Neutralize. This occurs when you don't get at least one shot that is in the -0, -1, A or C zones. You are basically penalized fo rnot shooting the target well enough. similar to if you only shot an attacker in the toe. He would still be able to come after you becaseu he wasn't neutralized.
FTDR=Failure To Do Right. This is a vague penalty that is reserved for the RO to hand out when you do something that is out of the intent of the stage design. Its masically unsportmans like conduct penalty. If you get one of these you really screwed up or were caught trying to cheat and will likely get disqualified from the match.

For this match we are using IDPA scoring IDPA Rules and USPSA rules USPSA Rules.

David E

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
-What is HOA? = High Over All (best score of all shooters. It really doesn't have any meaning, due to the different divisions)

-I understand the point system (1 = 1/2 sec), but what is the "total Penalty seconds" column from? He has the total points down, then has a column showing the net time accrued by those points down.

PE = Procedural Error (like they forgot to do a required reload)

HNT = Hits on Non-Threat (hits on a no-shoot target)

FNT = FTN = Failure to Neutralize. Each target requires at least one "C" zone hit, or it is deemed not to have been neutralized.

FTDR = Failure To Do Right. If you do something blatantly wrong to gain an advantage, such as a shooter in "Lo Cap" loading up his high cap mags to capacity)

It is NOT "unsportsmanlike conduct." As far as I'm concerned, if I call Unsportsmanlike Conduct on someone, they're going home.

jtischauser

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
-What is HOA? = High Over All (best score of all shooters. It really doesn't have any meaning, due to the different divisions)

-I understand the point system (1 = 1/2 sec), but what is the "total Penalty seconds" column from? He has the total points down, then has a column showing the net time accrued by those points down.

PE = Procedural Error (like they forgot to do a required reload)

HNT = Hits on Non-Threat (hits on a no-shoot target)

FNT = FTN = Failure to Neutralize. Each target requires at least one "C" zone hit, or it is deemed not to have been neutralized.

FTDR = Failure To Do Right. If you do something blatantly wrong to gain an advantage, such as a shooter in "Lo Cap" loading up his high cap mags to capacity)

It is NOT "unsportsmanlike conduct." As far as I'm concerned, if I call Unsportsmanlike Conduct on someone, they're going home.

Yeah...what he said.

LurchYNWA

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks for the info. guys.

I figured out HNT on my own and while I heard people saying "failure to neutralize" I didn't know what that meant.

So... points are worth a 1/2 second, how much are penalties worth? 5 seconds?

Latest posts

Top Bottom