Heartland Match Sunday, May 16th is a GO!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Heartland Match Preferences (choose all that apply)

• I want to do realistic scenario based stages, even if match round count was low (24 or less).

Votes: 6 33.3%
  • I don't mind 6 rds for each target if it's challenging and gets the round count up. (50rds or more)

Votes: 7 38.9%
  • Mix it up, but keep the round count at 40 rds or higher

Votes: 8 44.4%
  • I like the different targets. (people, IDPA, smurf, etc)

Votes: 8 44.4%
  • I'd rather see the IDPA targets all the time.

Votes: 5 27.8%
  • I like surprise stages once in awhile, even tho it takes longer.

• Surprise stages are cool, but they take too long. Don't do 'em!

Votes: 6 33.3%
  • I'd like to do a "qualification" style match once or twice a year.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

LurchYNWA

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Is there going to be another match next month? The only reason I ask is that I saw on another post that the Heartland shoot was on a 3 month trial.

Any word on if this will continue past the trial period?

XDnOK

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
David will bethe one to say for sure. But my assumption would be yes that this match will continue on a monthly basis. We coudl use a few more than 13 shooters though so bring a freind or two.

I hope the matches continue as everybody I've talked to has a great time and has learned quite a bit. I know weather took it's toll on the attendance as I have seen more vehicles without glass than I ever have, in fact if you need a windshield you are almost out of luck for week or two.

Wes

David E

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The matches will continue.

There are options I'm looking at regarding match format/content and will keep you posted.

I agree, the weather kept many people away. Last month, at only the second match, we had some 33 shooters. I expected 40+ at this one, but the rain/hail foiled us.

I considered putting on another match, set up pretty much the same as this one, THIS Sunday for all those that missed out. I've not discussed this with the Powers That Be and I don't know if it would be worth the time and effort and expense required to hold another match.....but maybe I'm wrong?

jtischauser

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I considered putting on another match, set up pretty much the same as this one, THIS Sunday for all those that missed out. I've not discussed this with the Powers That Be and I don't know if it would be worth the time and effort and expense required to hold another match.....but maybe I'm wrong?

I'd be all for another match this weekend except I'll be out of town. Now next weekend would be perfect!

jtischauser

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was just thinking about the way we setup the last match. I am a big fan of elaborate field type stages with lots of positions and movement. So I would rather finish an hour later and shoot 4 complex staged that need to be reset half way through the match. Or we could setup two stages in the beginning and shoot them two different ways which would actually speed things up. It might be kind of fun too. You know how you try to make a game plan before you shoot well now you would have to see the same tarets but completely erase your original game plan from your memory in order to shoot the same stage backwards or weakhand or from surrender or kneeling or whatever we can come up with that's different. Just a thought...

MISph1t

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I really wanted to be there to watch but the weather and the wife had other plans (that she didn't tell me about). I need to get some more equipment before I can shoot a match but would love to come check it out.

jtischauser

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I really wanted to be there to watch but the weather and the wife had other plans (that she didn't tell me about). I need to get some more equipment before I can shoot a match but would love to come check it out.

What kind of equipement do you need? This match only requires a pistol, a holster and one mag pouch. If you don't have all of those I know a guy that can let you use his extras for a match or two.

Latest posts

Top Bottom