HELL YEAH. Bin Laden is DEAD. Yes thats right DEAD

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Werewolf

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Werewolf
And speculation increases liquidity in both the options and especially the commodities markets a hundred fold.
So what's wrong with transferring risk?

Nothing.
Nothing at all.

Which is/was my point. Speculators make commodities and options markets highly liquid. The liquidity makes futures and options available to the people who actually own or wish to own the underlying equity available to use as a form of insurance thus transferring risk. Its a very complicated subject.

Aside: if you are truly interested you can take a course at OU called Securities and Derivatives that goes into the subject in great detail. Don't know about now but if you've got a 3.75 GPA, are a Junior or higher and know calculus really well you can take it. Expect to bust your ass in the course. When I took it in '95 we started with 22. At the end of the semester there were 6 of us left to take the final. If you'd like a taste of what the course has to offer Google Black-Scholes. Those guys developed the equation used to calculate the value of futures and options. We had to derive the thing from the ground up in class. Took about 2 weeks and a very thorough knowledge of calculus. Kind'a cool but gave me a headache.

vvvvvvv

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Aside: if you are truly interested you can take a course at OU called Securities and Derivatives that goes into the subject in great detail. Don't know about now but if you've got a 3.75 GPA, are a Junior or higher and know calculus really well you can take it. Expect to bust your ass in the course. When I took it in '95 we started with 22. At the end of the semester there were 6 of us left to take the final. If you'd like a taste of what the course has to offer Google Black-Scholes. Those guys developed the equation used to calculate the value of futures and options. We had to derive the thing from the ground up in class. Took about 2 weeks and a very thorough knowledge of calculus. Kind'a cool but gave me a headache.

I learn much better by just picking it up and doing it. That's why if you pull my transcript, you'll see that I'm not qualified on paper for the course.

Baron Driver

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Latest posts

Top Bottom