Hello from Chicago

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

otb4evr

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hello Forum!

My name is Jim and am from the Chicago area. I have family in the Ponca City/Kildare/Newkirk and OKC areas.

I will be down in Ponca this weekend and was looking for an indoor range, which led to finding the Ponca PRC, which led to finding the gun show this weekend in the Armory, which led here. :-)

Anyway... I will be perusing the forum, etc...

Have I mentioned yet that I am glad for OK reciprocity. :-)

Next step is getting IL to honor other states' CCW. :-| We are working on it, believe me...

You can check some of the things we have going on at the IC Forum: http://illinoiscarry.com/forum/

Until later...

JIm

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Welcome! Have family that live in Chicago (between the zoo and Wrigley) and some in Schamburg. I had to search and double search the IL CCW before traveling there.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Cool. Yes, there is a gun show this weekend.
At this time there is no indoor range.

We do have an outdoor range. Its the Ponca City Rifle and Pistol club. Four pistol bays, a 50 meter rifle/pistol bay, a 100 yd and a 200/300 yd range.
There is a rudimentary shotgun range with a thrower, scheduled for upgrade.

Edit: here is the website. If you going to be in town for awhile send me a pm. I can take you there as a guest.

http://poncarpc.org/

otb4evr

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Welcome! Have family that live in Chicago (between the zoo and Wrigley) and some in Schamburg. I had to search and double search the IL CCW before traveling there.

Thanks! I actually work in the Loop and have done so for 15+ years. The anti-reciprocity sucks here. Doubt that will change soon due to the make-up of the legislature, but you never know.

Holler if you come up to the area. Perhaps we can do food or caffeine...

Jim

otb4evr

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Cool. Yes, there is a gun show this weekend.
At this time there is no indoor range.

We do have an outdoor range. Its the Ponca City Rifle and Pistol club. Four pistol bays, a 50 meter rifle/pistol bay, a 100 yd and a 200/300 yd range.
There is a rudimentary shotgun range with a thrower, scheduled for upgrade.

Edit: here is the website. If you going to be in town for awhile send me a pm. I can take you there as a guest.

http://poncarpc.org/

I had been ogling that range. I appreciate the offer, but don't think the time component will allow for a range visit this time.

I am only in town for the weekend. I am going to head to the gun show to get my fix.

I do appreciate the good will, however.

Jim

Latest posts

Top Bottom