Hello from Dibble

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dirtrider73068

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hi everybody, just signed up tonight stumbled across this sight doing a search for something today. I do have a few other gun forums I have saved but have not signed up yet, watching the activity and post to see which one I want to be on. This one seems to be a good one since its Oklahoma based.

I have always wanted a .22 and finally have that happen. I was given a Marling model 60 and love it. I can't leave it alone, I had to really clean it up when I first got. I first had to research a manual, and how to do a tear down, and when I did the inside was nasty, all gummed up, caked up with carbon, just flat out nasty. Once it was cleaned up it was alot smoother, had some little issues, tinkered with those and got that done. Had to replace the recoil spring since it was bent. I am now looking at trying to lighten up that trigger pull, seems pretty heavy adn hard for me. It did come with a tasco 3-9x20 scope, its ok for what it is, but when you zoom in it gets fairly blurry. I want to step up to a better scope simmons has a couple I am eyeing. Not looking to spend alot on a scope since I am starting out with it, maybe later step it up to more pricey scope.

I also have a commemorative Oklahoma jubilee that was given to me, can't think of the caliber off hand without getting it out thinking its a 35-? Also have a old black powder that was sold as a kit, just to have think its a 50 cal but not sure.

This has turned into a new addiction thats for sure. I am always looking at gun stuff, gun forums, watching gun videos on youtube. I do want to build a range so I can shoot more to practice just have to get what I need railroad ties and the time to make it. I did like to piddle with wood and make things out of pallet wood, but don't have a shop anymore and most of what I own is in storage till I get another place and hope another shop. Until then I can enjoy my .22 and have some fun. Oh I also know how to work on vehicles and mowers and like do that as well.

MacFromOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Welcome! :drunk2:

Uh... "Dibble?"
106176-8f0090b7cee06ce6a86d722a4658fb7a.jpg

xseler

These are not the firearms you're looking for.
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Howdy & welcome to the clubhouse!

I also currently have the ".22 bug". Looking at a Ruger Rimfire Precision to add to the flock. The M&P15-22 is a blast to shoot. Oh, I've also got a "brand new" Marlin Model 60 that was built in the 70's......never been fired and still has the factory stickers and paperwork attached.

Current .22 members in the safe ---

Smith & Wesson M&P15-22
Marlin Model 60
Remington 572 Pump
Winchester 67-22
Browning Buckmark
NAA mini revolver in .22lr and .22mag

Glad this ammo situation is back to normal.

dirtrider73068

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Howdy & welcome to the clubhouse!

I also currently have the ".22 bug". Looking at a Ruger Rimfire Precision to add to the flock. The M&P15-22 is a blast to shoot. Oh, I've also got a "brand new" Marlin Model 60 that was built in the 70's......never been fired and still has the factory stickers and paperwork attached.

Current .22 members in the safe ---

Smith & Wesson M&P15-22
Marlin Model 60
Remington 572 Pump
Winchester 67-22
Browning Buckmark
NAA mini revolver in .22lr and .22mag

Glad this ammo situation is back to normal.
If you ever want to shoo that marlin model 60 you will love it. I love mine, its not hard to clean either. When I first took mine apart and see the action I thought, whoa nelly! I better leave that alone for now, and just wipe it out with qtips till I found a vid of how to take it apart and followed along, once you do it, there is nothing to it.

Aries

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Welcome to OSA, I've been here since about February and it's been pretty good. I'm addicted to reading here... and to .22's.