This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sapere aude

New to the site!
Reaction score
Greetings to the people that make their own minds work for them. I'm worried and shocked that
so many people today in the interests of survival, have trained themselves to be agreeing machines instead of thinking machines. All their minds had to do was to discover what other people were thinking, and then they thought that, too. In our public schools, hardly anyone has been taught how to think, while millions of young Americans have been taught what to think, and tends to believe whatever is repeated over and over, whether it is true or not. Societies minds have been poisoned and have accepted beliefs are unnatural and artificial.

D. Hargrove

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
"So, in the interests of survival, they trained themselves to be agreeing machines instead of thinking machines. All their minds had to do was to discover what other people were thinking, and then they thought that, too." (Kurt Vonnegut, Breakfast of Champions, 1973)

Welcome to OSA. interesting initial post and one directly taken from "The view from Hell" Monothematic Delusions and the Perception of Identity.

http://theviewfromhell.blogspot.com/2012/02/monothematic-delusions-and-perception.html

Sapere aude

New to the site!
Reaction score
"So, in the interests of survival, they trained themselves to be agreeing machines instead of thinking machines. All their minds had to do was to discover what other people were thinking, and then they thought that, too." (Kurt Vonnegut, Breakfast of Champions, 1973)

Welcome to OSA. interesting initial post and one directly taken from "The view from Hell" Monothematic Delusions and the Perception of Identity.

http://theviewfromhell.blogspot.com/2012/02/monothematic-delusions-and-perception.html
Somebody is awake. I was unsure if I remember the wording accurate. (Uncle Steve, Saturday night, 199?) Yep.

Latest posts

Top Bottom