Help! AK or AR

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Skiluvr03

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I got the AK and did the conversion/restoration on it; Google 922r if you don't know what that means, and I am so happy with this rifle. I feel I made the right decision thanks to members of this forum. I will get an AR next after I save up some funds and wife gets over my spending spree on guns, lol.

A

Ak47saiga

I know this is personal preference but I just can't make up my dang mind. I've always wanted an AK and now all the buzz is over AR's and I know AR's are supposed to be more accurate, but something about an AK still is pulling at me. I think an improved AK, a Israeli Galil would be better but heard they were real expensive. I know with an AK, you need to move the rear site more rearward to improve accuracy twofold. What do you think, AK or AR???

get a saiga .223, it uses the ak47 action but shoots the ar 15 .223 , 556 NATO round. you can modify it very easily to not look like a hunting rifle and restore it back to an ak. Plus its actually CHEAPER , & BETTER since the end product(saiga's) are made in the same factory in russia as the real ak47's are the past almost 100 years or so. Cant go wrong with that. i came here from saiga-12 forums so i can help if you have any issues converting it once you get it if you do. the end result should be whatever kind of nicely made ak47 looking rifle you want to look like, that accepts AR-15 Mags. just got to do a few modifications i have done myself, very easy and theres people like me and thousands of forum posts and videos out there showing it. plus alot of companys have parts just for these modifications to be easier for sale out there like danzigarms

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
get a saiga .223, it uses the ak47 action but shoots the ar 15 .223 , 556 NATO round. you can modify it very easily to not look like a hunting rifle and restore it back to an ak. Plus its actually CHEAPER , & BETTER since the end product(saiga's) are made in the same factory in russia as the real ak47's are the past almost 100 years or so. Cant go wrong with that. i came here from saiga-12 forums so i can help if you have any issues converting it once you get it if you do. the end result should be whatever kind of nicely made ak47 looking rifle you want to look like, that accepts AR-15 Mags. just got to do a few modifications i have done myself, very easy and theres people like me and thousands of forum posts and videos out there showing it. plus alot of companys have parts just for these modifications to be easier for sale out there like danzigarms

I didn't know you could convert an AK to use AR mags. Very interesting!

Now I'm thinking I want an AK, and an AR-15, that both use the same ammo, and magazines.

Skiluvr03

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ak47saiga said:
That's almost exactly what I've done. I got the saiga 7.62 and restored it and you're right about the saiga 12 site, very helpful. I would post the best links for the conversion pieces, but don't know if its allowed.

Latest posts

Top Bottom