Help! AK or AR

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

Ak47saiga

wow. i said 100 years or so 1947-2012=100? no it = 65, thats more than half way to the hundred year mark, its been out long enough to me to have been 100 years in my eyes. /

by the way there is a ak called a sar 3 and a bulgarian variant, but probley cheapest and best to go with the saiga since its most common, but the .223-.556 aks have only been around for what i would think is the last 20 years or so but heck i dont know' they made 74 models in 74

they also make ar stoner type rifles in 7.62x39 ak47 calibur but yet THOSE DONT TAKE AK MAGS,WHEREAS THE AK'S IN AR15 CALIBUR CAN TAKE AR MAGS WITH MODIFICATIONS...(atleast to my knowledge the ar's cant but i havent looked to much cause i dont care...)

just not going to speak anymore in here, ar's just seem expensive to me and there made mostly out of plastic. ill stick with a gun made from steel with good old fashion wood like the rest of my rifles. besides if im going to go and shoot further than 300 meters thats why you have sniper caliburs anyways.id rather go with the TYPE OF GUN SYSTEM ACTION THAT IS PROVEN THE MOST RELIABLE,than to risk that jam on a battlefield and get killed because of it.

Last edited:

been

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
wow. i said 100 years or so 1947-2012=100? no it = 65, thats more than half way to the hundred year mark, its been out long enough to me to have been 100 years in my eyes. /

by the way there is a ak called a sar 3 and a bulgarian variant, but probley cheapest and best to go with the saiga since its most common, but the .223-.556 aks have only been around for what i would think is the last 20 years or so but heck i dont know' they made 74 models in 74

they also make ar stoner type rifles in 7.62x39 ak47 calibur but yet THOSE DONT TAKE AK MAGS,WHEREAS THE AK'S IN AR15 CALIBUR CAN TAKE AR MAGS WITH MODIFICATIONS...(atleast to my knowledge the ar's cant but i havent looked to much cause i dont care...)

just not going to speak anymore in here, ar's just seem expensive to me and there made mostly out of plastic. ill stick with a gun made from steel with good old fashion wood like the rest of my rifles. besides if im going to go and shoot further than 300 meters thats why you have sniper caliburs anyways.id rather go with the TYPE OF GUN SYSTEM ACTION THAT IS PROVEN THE MOST RELIABLE,than to risk that jam on a battlefield and get killed because of it.

they have AR rifles out there that have lower receivers made for the AK mags but i forgot the name. Also i would trust my life with an AK. They will shoot anything including the wrong type of ammunition! <---- not recommended.

flatwins

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
been said:
they have AR rifles out there that have lower receivers made for the AK mags but i forgot the name. Also i would trust my life with an AK. They will shoot anything including the wrong type of ammunition! <---- not recommended.

I believe Rock River recently intro'd an AR that accepts AK mags.

R

rda1911

Do like me have one M4 style shorty, one heavy bbl AR target, one AK forged reciever 7.62x39 and one AK74 that way you have all the bases covered

CAR-AR-M16

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Point is moot since we are not on any "battlefield", but AK's and today's AR's are both fine weapons and would serve one equally well. AR's did have issues, but that was in the past. If wood/steel make you feel better, than by all means stick with that. But, that plastic/aluminum AR is not the piece of junk you seem to think it is.

A

Ak47saiga

ya sorry if i came off as mad or irritated, id like to shoot or have a ar-15 someday.....i guess i really wouldnt know! i have absolutley 0% experiance with a ar15. so in that aspect its just my point of view

one really big thought ive always had though...

ive seen a comparison between ak47 7.62x39 and ar/stoner type rifle in .556,

what im getting at is..ive seen alot of those. on discovery channel even

who has done a side by side comparison of a ak in .556 and a ar in .556 with the same or as close to same in barrel length and bore/rifleing twist rate and seen what was better in accuracy, ballastics, (we know which would win in reliability? but as far as all aspects of it. ) and just all the real differences that would occur.

and to be honest i only said battlefield because i imagine that o heck ya the m4 is wayyyy more improved than the earlier version in vietnam...i heard the same thing about guns jamming and people dieing. i imagine that mustv been horrifying going through swamps and **** with m16s through jungles ect..and getting it all dirty, while your going against a gun like the ak with the ability to have all that gunk in there bc of all the clearance that the internal parts have....

someone should setup a comparison of two guns like this that would be AWSOME!

donokc

Marksman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
AR=expensive+addictive! first one cost me darn near 2500, this new one already 2300 w/o optic or light or bipod or reflex sight or laser......

Latest posts

Top Bottom