Help ID Ancient Coins

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I picked these up in Petra, Jordan back in the early-mid 80's before the place became a tourist hot spot. Both the Greeks and Romans invaded Petra, the Romans occupying it for a few hundred years even. On the front is some Greek or Roman guy, and on the back, it's a bull. As best I can make out, this is the writing on the coins:

NIKB
SECVRITASBID
NIKB

Anybody know what these are?
Petra Coin Front.jpg
Petra Coin Back.jpg

rlongnt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Those are awesome... Awesome condition!

I picked up a couple that are later Roman but clearly have Jesus on the front from who knows how long ago AD 1,000-1,500+

FrankNmac

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have never posted this picture publicly for fear thieves would try to steal this priceless coin.

I purchased it last year by taking all of my 401(k) money and selling my house to buy it.

It cost a small fortune and meant moving and living in my Mom's basement (that was quite an adjustment), but I remember to focus on the future rewards.

The seller said it was a one-of-a-kind rarity and that when I retire I will be able to sell it and live comfortably forever!

Enjoy as I share my wisdom of choice and future guarantee of wealth:

coin2.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom