Help identifying a 7X57 mauser

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EP1985

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Go on gunbroker and check out Spanish Mauser. You'll find a lot of them there and you can get some idea. I noticed one for $275 that was a really good-looking one. That is a pretty high price for a 1916.

One thing you have going for you is that it is 7x57. Many are 7.62 Nato and subject to a lot of conjecture about ammo choice.

Going against you is the "bubba" factor.

I sold a very nice un-bubba-ed one in 7.62 about 2 years ago for $175. Had it been 7x57, I would have kept it.
thanks for the info, I checked gun broker and found one that looks exactly like mine.

ldp4570

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
7X57MM has always been one of my favorite rounds. Mild of recoil, flat shooting regardless of bullet weight, and many different platforms. A true classic.

buffgunner

New to the site!
Reaction score
I have a 7X57 Mauser that I have no idea what kind it is the only marking on it is a R on the barrel. Any info would be great
View attachment 39361View attachment 39362
Did you ever get a definitive answer? I have a 1916, but it is one that was converted to 7.62 as a civil guard carbine. In looking ar yours, it has a sporter stock of some sort, and has a slightly different bolt. The guide on mine is thinner toward the back and has the handle bent further down. Your bolt looks closer to the one in my Swede - but yours is definitely not a Swede. The rear sights look the same.

EP1985

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Did you ever get a definitive answer? I have a 1916, but it is one that was converted to 7.62 as a civil guard carbine. In looking ar yours, it has a sporter stock of some sort, and has a slightly different bolt. The guide on mine is thinner toward the back and has the handle bent further down. Your bolt looks closer to the one in my Swede - but yours is definitely not a Swede. The rear sights look the same.
Yes, it was indeed a Spanish Mauser that had been modified

Latest posts

Top Bottom