Help Me Out Please

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Frank Pope

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am trying to buy a pistol off Armslist. The seller wants to ship it to an FFL. Somebody tell me how this works and an FFL that is open in the quarantine. Does the FFL hold the money until the gun comes in, then send it to the seller? I am @ a loss.

Aries

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Usually, you pay the seller then they ship the gun. The FFL only does the paperwork and background check, and you get the gun from the FFL. Most FFL's are probably open, gun stores were considered essential businesses. But if there's one near you, I'd check with them first just in case.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am trying to buy a pistol off Armslist. The seller wants to ship it to an FFL. Somebody tell me how this works and an FFL that is open in the quarantine. Does the FFL hold the money until the gun comes in, then send it to the seller? I am @ a loss.
I’ve done “a few” transactions over the years, and the procedure is generally that you send the seller a money order and copy of the FFL. THEN, the seller sends the gun to your FFL.
I’m leery of Armslist, because historically, there’s a lot of scammers on that site. Don’t buy anything if the seller says he’s from El Paso, TX!!!

surjimmy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
1,000,000,000%%% I would never send money up front to do a deal on Armslist. Way too may Scammers. When buying a gun and having it sent to your FFl, the process goes like this. You send the Seller the money up front, if your FFL will accept a gun from a non FFL he then sends the gun to your chosen FFL. If your FFL will not accept it from a non FFL he must take the gun to a FFL and have them mail it to your FFL.

HMCS(FMF)Ret.

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've done this only one time. I was selling an expensive gun to a person in Florida. I used Sooner State Pawn as my FFL. The gentleman that wanted the gun sent the money order for the gun to my FFL (and some extra cash for the FFL to "check out" the gun for him). Once my FFL received the gun from me they called the gentleman to let them know I had shown them the gun and "it was the nicest gun he had ever seen." After completing all the paperwork, they gave me the money order from the gentleman and I officially handed over the gun for shipment.

As far as Armslist goes, be very careful.

coolhandluke

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
1,000,000,000%%% I would never send money up front to do a deal on Armslist. Way too may Scammers. When buying a gun and having it sent to your FFl, the process goes like this. You send the Seller the money up front, if your FFL will accept a gun from a non FFL he then sends the gun to your chosen FFL. If your FFL will not accept it from a non FFL he must take the gun to a FFL and have them mail it to your FFL.

+1...absolutely no way that I would purchase a firearm from an out of state seller on Armslist unless they were designated as a premium vendor.

Latest posts

Top Bottom