Help me pick an evil black rifle

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LinearZero

Marksman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Finally got the rear sight put on today. My next project is to research optics.
63a0aa36aa5b8991598a4cf4dd497e91.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That looks pretty slick!! I would recommend getting the "ar15 handguard removal tool" for a few bucks to make life easier if/when you decide to add a handle/handstop/other accessory to the handguard. Trying to hold down that retainer ring with all of my 200lbs applied through the tips of my thumb and forefinger while prying off the handguard halves is a bit tricky.

soonerwings

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That looks pretty slick!! I would recommend getting the "ar15 handguard removal tool" for a few bucks to make life easier if/when you decide to add a handle/handstop/other accessory to the handguard. Trying to hold down that retainer ring with all of my 200lbs applied through the tips of my thumb and forefinger while prying off the handguard halves is a bit tricky.

I’m seriously debating doing this. I’m not sure if I want to install a vertical grip or not.

soonerwings

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Fantastic looking setup. I would suggest moving your flashlight to the handguard at some point though.

That’s what I’m having an internal debate about. I’d like to have it under the hand guard but then I couldn’t put the vertical grip down there. I’ve never used a vertical grip but I know a few guys that swear they’re the bees knees. I’m pretty sure I don’t want anything hanging off the side of my rifle.

beastep

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I put a pic rail on the ejection side of my handguards and use it to attach my hunting light. My light is in a quick attach 1" scope ring and just takes a few seconds to put on or take off. But you just have to find what works for you.

beastep

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
They make pic rails to fit those MOE slots on the handguard you have. Just as long as you put it where the light does not reflect off the back of that A2 sight post. Mine was reflecting off the back of my suppressor and it took me a while to figure out why I couldnt see very good out of my scope with the light on.

Latest posts

Top Bottom