Help me pick an evil black rifle

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

doctorjj

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Don't be a troll dude. If you really care to find it, go and find it. You offered no evidence to prove me wrong. Well prove it!!! Where's your data. Its not my responsibility to prove you wrong when you haven't thrown any data yourself. See, That's really ****ing annoying isn't it. AR15.com is full of twits like most boards. Same with M4carbine.net, AK files, FAL files. The list goes on and on

I really don't care to get into an argument over something that's a stupid argument. I don't care if you are a DI only guy, and if you really want to sit there and argue about and make snarky comments, then that just proves you're trolling. So good on ya bub, you're not worth my time
Didn't read my link did you. But you were the first to throw out unverified opinion. Some of which is wrong.

rc508pir

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
http://www.dtic.mil/ndia/2016/armament/18263_Grego.pdf

"The primary failure is cracked lugs resulting from high cyclic loading."

Historically 13,000 rounds before failure.

Both statembets directly contradict your comments, rc508abn.
1. Nope, I'm not wrong, maybe that's your opinion, its not mine

2. I was writing the response while you posted the link. About that 1st link...... The by far most common bolt failure are at the cam pin slot. Your link doesn't change that fact. secondly, I already said that forces on the bolt are from cartridge discharge and hot gas in the BCG chamber, so you just proved my point. Lugs breaking are few and far between.

3. That second link, which I am very familiar with that test and study. That test consisted of FA torture tests and the use of M855A1, which has proven to wreak havoc on M4s. Also, There isn't anyone on this board, unless they are active duty or NG or reserve on active duty that has M855A1 available to them.

doctorjj

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
1. Nope, I'm not wrong, maybe that's your opinion, its not mine

2. I was writing the response while you posted the link. About that 1st link...... The by far most common bolt failure are at the cam pin slot. Your link doesn't change that fact. secondly, I already said that forces on the bolt are from cartridge discharge and hot gas in the BCG chamber, so you just proved my point. Lugs breaking are few and far between.

3. That second link, which I am very familiar with that test and study. That test consisted of FA torture tests and the use of M855A1, which has proven to wreak havoc on M4s. Also, There isn't anyone on this board, unless they are active duty or NG or reserve on active duty that has M855A1 available to them.
So neither the Henderson experience nor the Grego study (plus a ton of other data which hasn't been mentioned), both of which say lugs fail the most often, is going to change your mind and you won't admit you're wrong? Mmmkay.

doctorjj

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You also said the service life of a bolt is 8-10k rounds. Both studies refute that. But I guess that won't change your mind either. Call me a troll all you want but I'm not going to sit by and let you spout incorrect information to the good people on this forum.

rc508pir

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You also said the service life of a bolt is 8-10k rounds. Both studies refute that. But I guess that won't change your mind either. Call me a troll all you want but I'm not going to sit by and let you spout incorrect information to the good people on this forum.
Fine we can argue all day. AND YES THE SERVICE LIFE IS 8 to 10k. Service life and the point where a bolt breaks are two different things guy. The service life is when the bolt is pulled from the gun and replaced, BEFORE IT BREAKS

SnowCamo

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've narrowed the field to the Colt 6920 (magpul edition), Springfield Saint, or LWRC IC-DI. Is LWRC worth the extra coin? Does Springfield rival colt? Any other thoughts?
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So, have the two guys arguing helped you with your decision yet?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom