Help with AK-47

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rocketman

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've converted saiga 12's and build ak's several times. You dont need a press for the gas block. just get a long solid brass rod and a hammer and put your COLD barrel muzzle on a soft wood or rubber block on the ground. take a torch and heat the gas block or sight quickly then use the brass rod and hammer to tap it off the barrel alternating sides every few taps. sometimes they come off easy enough you don't have to put the muzzle up against anything. I've done this successfully on FAL, ak, saiga 12, mosin nagant, hk, enfield no5, ar, and a few others. The brass doesnt harm the finish as bad as you think it would but you do have to scrub off the brass coloring with some hoppes 9. When you put the front sight block back on heat it up and slide it over the cold barrel. use a laser bore sight at 100 yds and try to line up your sights to the laser as you twist it into the final location. This takes a few tries. Once its perfect inspect the matchup of the pin hole in the block and barrel. If the pin holes don't match up due to poor factory alignment(every saiga 12) then i drill out the pin hole and insert a new oversized pin. roll pins work great when your hole won't hold a solid pin well. If you get a saiga 12 you'll probably have to do a realignment to run cheap loads. the factory alignment always blocks one of the three gas vents in the barrel them making the cheap walmart target loads too weak to cycle. Good luck.

Honeybee

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Regardless of what everyone tells you the gun is worn out and not servicable or repairable, However like all dead guns it is worth something for the parts inside and I will give you $50 for it.
Just bring it into my store and I will give you a credit voucher redemable for anything in the store.

If I have posted this in the wrong forum just ignore it and bring in any gun for a $50 credit voucher.:hot:

been

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Regardless of what everyone tells you the gun is worn out and not servicable or repairable, However like all dead guns it is worth something for the parts inside and I will give you $50 for it.
Just bring it into my store and I will give you a credit voucher redemable for anything in the store.

If I have posted this in the wrong forum just ignore it and bring in any gun for a $50 credit voucher.:hot:

ha!!!

Latest posts

Top Bottom