Help with Marlin value

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DRC458

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have a friend who insists she needs to sell one of her Dad's guns. (He's been gone for several years.) I and all of her family are trying to convince her not to sell it ... figure out something else. But, she says she's got to. He bought it brand new. It's a Marlin 336 in .30-30, the 100-year anniversary model, made in 1970. It's probably been fired less than twenty rounds; I feel sure it's shot less than forty. He was a .30-06 man, so I don't know why he even bought it. He put a Leupold Vari-X II on it; a 1-4x20. I would say it's in very good condition. It has one prominent scratch on the butt stock (visible in pics), and one spot of corrosion on top of the barrel (pic didn't come out well). What do you think is reasonable value? Thanks!

Marlin2.jpg
Marlin1.jpg
Marlin3.jpg

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Nice rifle. I would say the pre panic price would be around $500 for the combo but you might get more than that now???

In my experience I have found that the anniversary models really don't add much value. If you ask around on marlinowners.com you will probably get a pretty close estimate and maybe even some offers. Good luck!

surjimmy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Some of you may know I bought a collection of 70 long guns Dec 3rd. About 95% of these were lever action 30-30's and lever action 22's. The way I priced these guns is, went to GB to sold items. I then found like condition and then found one on the lower end. I then beat their price by $100. I now have 12 guns left in 22's, for plain jane Marlins, I was getting $600-$675, around $750 for Winchesters.

Catt57

Gill-Gun Guru
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Some of you may know I bought a collection of 70 long guns Dec 3rd. About 95% of these were lever action 30-30's and lever action 22's. The way I priced these guns is, went to GB to sold items. I then found like condition and then found one on the lower end. I then beat their price by $100. I now have 12 guns left in 22's, for plain jane Marlins, I was getting $600-$675, around $750 for Winchesters.

I know that Ithaca i got from you was worth every penny.

Latest posts

Top Bottom