Hey CMP members!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The CMP is now selling AP 30-06, but the real deal is the linked HXP - it's being offered for $100 per 250 rounds in a .30 cal ammo can, plus $11.95 S&H. That's 44 cents a round for non-corrosive, boxer-primed 30-06, which is a deal in today's market! If you're interested, you better hurry on over and get some, because I think their supply will disappear fast.

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
... and it's all gone. They posted the ammo around 11 AM, and now the listing has been pulled. I don't know how many cans they had, but based on forum comments, the rush must have been like a school of piranhas savaging a cow in the Amazon...

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Not seeing it in the store.

It didn't last long at all. Looks like the AP is still available for the moment. I wonder though if the CMP folks realized there was a typo in the price on the belted HXP, since they raised the price last week on the loose HXP to about 65 cents a round. I wouldn't be surprised if they cancel the belted HXP orders and start over with a "corrected" price.

Last edited:

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
They do still have the loose AP 30-06 as of this morning; $125 for 200 rounds plus $9.95 S&H. That's less than 68 cents shipped per round for what normally runs 80 cents to over a dollar a round. Not the deal the linked HXP was, but still pretty good. Just be aware the AP will have a mix of head stamps and years, with possibly some WW2 and Korean War corrosive ammo mixed in.

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well, the CMP folks just posted a correction regarding the linked HXP that sold out in a couple hours yesterday - the stuff is actually linked AP, not HXP, and it could include a variety of head stamps dating from 1940-1956. The CMP description also warns that it should all be considered corrosive. So it's probably not going to be the hot deal that everyone had expected... oh, well.

Latest posts

Top Bottom