Hey CMP members!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sanford

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well, the CMP folks just posted a correction regarding the linked HXP that sold out in a couple hours yesterday - the stuff is actually linked AP, not HXP, and it could include a variety of head stamps dating from 1940-1956. The CMP description also warns that it should all be considered corrosive. So it's probably not going to be the hot deal that everyone had expected... oh, well.

Just read this for the loose AP as well:

"Manufacturer varies, but most of the rounds are Norwegian (AYR headstamp) manufactured in 1956, Berdan primed. Although the 1956 manufacture was reported as using non-corrosive primers, some of the rounds may have corrosive primers."

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I decided to gamble on the linked AP, and let my order for two cans ride. They showed up today; the cans are in excellent condition, and the AP is likewise in great shape. I only inspected the head stamps on the first two or three layers, but they were all marked F A 51, meaning Frankford Arsenal production. The stencil on both cans indicated a lot number of FA L- 904, so if the contents are original to the labels, the ammo I received probably is non-corrosive. That being the case, I'm quite pleased with what I got, especially since others have reported getting a hodgepodge of AYR and other head stamps in varying condition.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom