Hi-Point IDPA Challenge - This weekend at Oil Capitol

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

abajaj11

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yes, I will post results with the names of those competing with "extra special" equipment. Expect to see only their names and, at that, only their first name and last initial. Where possible, I'll post by OSA screen name. I will try to take note of what special shootin' iron they brought and will report if it made it through the match intact.

I've heard that one individual plans to shoot a Colt 1860 black powder, utilizing extra cylinders. JK, but I probably should not be giving this bunch any ideas!

Oil Capital IDPA Match Director
I love hi point. designed in USA, Made in USA, originally designed rather than copied. I like how they test out their designs for years at a time, before releasing, rather than releasing too soon and testing on the customer. Guaranteed for life. no hassle. Dirt cheap.
What's not to like?

Last edited:

Gideon

Formerly SirROFL
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I love hi point. designed in USA, Made in USA, originally designed rather than copied. I like how they test out their designs for years at a time, before releasing, rather than releasing too soon and testing on the customer. Guaranteed for life. no hassle. Dirt cheap.
What's not to like?

I would honestly like to see what HiPoint would produce if they wanted to deliver a premium handgun. The main issue I have with them is purely ergonomic (the C-9 is a brick with a plastic handle). Generally, you get what you pay for, and I'm willing to pay a lot more cash for just a little more gun. I'd love to see a truly tricked-out HiPoint, let's see what we can do...

bboswell

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I couldn't make the event, so am hoping SOMEBODY will post the results as would like to see how Eric and the Hi-Point fared, as well as Jerry and his Kel-Tec 32. I'm sure it was fun for all.

Buzzdraw

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Here's the Match Results for the Rag-Tag Crew. The match itself was a conventional, 6 stage monthly IDPA product. Stage 1 was a special treat for the Rag-Taggers; an 18 round standards with shots from 25 to 15 yards. The balance of the stages were fairly typical IDPA; shooting while moving, use of cover, several swinger targets, etc. The shooters competing with the "conventional" shooting irons had a great time.

Eric F. shot a Hi-Point 9-C that he'd never fired before in ESP. His stage scores (1-6) 26.99, 25.09, 19.14, 29.07, 23.04, 32.33. He was 21 points down total for the match, with a final 155.66 score. Eric was treated to a bunch of failure-to-feeds, something around 14 I recall.
Top ESP score shot was 146.91 by an Expert level competitor who was NOT shooting a Hi-Point.

There was a real battle in SSP between Curt N. and Jerry. Curt was shooting the ugliest, most chemically-eaten Ruger P89 I've ever seen. Rumor is it came from a meth lab seizure. His stage scores were: 27.21, 18.37, 21.71, 22.12, 21.74, 24.31 for a 135.46 total. That score was the day's best score, not only in SSP, but in all the divisions. The gun ran well, even though the guide rod was half eaten away by the gun's previous chemical past.

Glocktogo Jerry was shooting a Kel-Tek P-32. He shot a 197.08 total, which is no small feat against guns with standard capacity mags and real sights. Remember the Kel-Tek is tiny all around, magazine capacity, sights, etc. His stages were 35.37, 34.52, 28.77, 32.55, 30.87, 35.00.

Darrell W. dug out a Charles Daly 1911 in .45 ACP. It had problems running; something about the Filipino gun belching the Ed Brown custom barrel that was installed in it. Despite near constant jams, he totaled a 239.79.

Paul B. shot a real carry size 9mm (a Ruger SR9C from an inside the waistband holster) to pull out a 184.02, which was good enough to score top SSP Marksman.

Last edited:

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well I would've liked to have been a little closer to Eric & Curt with the P-32, but at least it ran without hiccups. I was trying for accuracy a little more than speed. I did manage to drop fewer points on the long range standards than Curt. No small feat with a 3.8" sight radius! :D

Here are some pics from the match. I'll try to get some up of Curt & Eric tomorrow.

[Broken External Image]

[Broken External Image]

[Broken External Image]

ai151.photobucket.com_albums_s157_Glocktogo_DSC_0071.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom