High capacity 1911 ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mightymouse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Have you shot one? If so, how do they handle?
They handle fine. The slide is slightly wider on the forty, while the frame is the same as the (cast-framed) nines, so the forty is a couple of ounces heavier, but that's about all. They still point and shoot as well as any Hi Power does, which is to say, better than most guns. It was the best shooting forty I've ever owned or shot, and I wish I had it back (it was an SFS-equipped model).

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
I intend to try one, I’m sure someone in my area has one they’d let me shoot.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
You might find one here.

a4TZpc9cER0nzsyHWUOcpzMlC4FDaENAetxftPwWrvbXu_Iy_FIe_XzD8papSSnKAPF9W_8Ne9uKHa88Ugc_q_WyWyDM3-3b_Y1t4k0J73AA_Up-e03b4CmbKwgSxtB3YwYdCqqyOtiWHEYQExLRHlHJelW0Iogl55-KYGWfklUxAg0liVaL8H-2yjn79sVowyouMAWYQKNTIUonsHOAbZG2VXkDyNKE0A

CorpsVet

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Not to hi-jack, but my 2 cents for a high cap .45 ACP is the FNP 45. Mine is on the night stand with a flashlight/laser combo on the rail. Fits in with my prefered carry pistol, FNP 40 and the wife's FNP 9.

All 3 operate the same so under stress less likely to have operator trouble.

Last edited:

Coltish

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I remember Para Ord. made a high capacity / double stack 1911 and then I believe Remington bought Para and continued the model for a brief period and dropped it.

I've been down the striker fired road twice and they are not for me......is anyone making a reliable double stack 45 ACP 5" 1911 nowadays ?
Ive got a custom para double stack fullsize with snake skin grips and the LDA(light double action). The frame to slide fit was hand done by a gunsmith my grandfather knew and used to shoot competition rifle with. He made this para up as a gift to grandpa when he retired. Its always been a safe queen but its about time for it to face its destiny and find a loving home.

Attachments

• 20220521_132355.jpg
    20220521_132355.jpg
    148.3 KB · Views: 0

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ive got a custom para double stack fullsize with snake skin grips and the LDA(light double action). The frame to slide fit was hand done by a gunsmith my grandfather knew and used to shoot competition rifle with. He made this para up as a gift to grandpa when he retired. Its always been a safe queen but its about time for it to face its destiny and find a loving home.
DA? More sacrilege.