High Efficiency Washers?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Parks 788

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So, I have a question. Our family of three goes through a chit ton of cloths each week and probably wash quite a bit more laundry than the average family. Anyways, we burnt up our 10 year old top load agitator washer. I bought a middle of the road Maytag top load high efficiency washer to replace it.

Not sure how happy i am with the purchase. Not because its a Maytag but because of the HE machine. I understand the HE washers are supposed to use A LOT less water but not sure it cleans the clothes as well as the older or less efficient agitator washer with the tall agitator in the wash drum. I watched the first couple loads and each time i noticed the same piece of clothing would just sit on top of the other clothes being washed. There was not "turning over" or agitation of the load.

Are you all happy with your top load HE clothes washers. At this time, I am not. What am i missing?

KurtM

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
High efficiency equals less mechanical action! I'm not at all impressed with the one I have! I liken it to "high efficiency" shower heads like those idiotic 02 and water efficient types....they get you wet.....after a time but it takes forever to rinse off because there is no volume, less volume equals less mechanical energy exerted on any give body. It just doesn't "clean" as well

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We went with the LG front loaders that are water efficient because we are on a septic system in the country. Our shower heads WILL NOT BE EFFECIENT! Want a waterfall of water in the shower. LOL.
They do an initial spin to let the computer know how the balance is going to be, then do the wash/rinse cycle.
Satisfied with the wash and the spin cycle is really high speed to get most of the water out. The LG front load dryer doesn't take long to finish the chore.

xjer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Not happy with our top loader Samsung. My clothes get dirty. I wash then rinse them again. When you take them out inside of the washer is dirty. You have to wipe it out before running more clothes. If the washer is dirty you know the clothes are not clean. We cannot wash the dog or cat beds in it. You cant get the sand out of the washer.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have a Whirlpool Cabrio no agitator in it and it cleans ok.
I get pretty dirty but it does not clean as well as an agitator machine.
The spin speed is ridiculous fast and the clothes come out nearly dry.

I do not set the speed on fast either.
It gets used probably 7 times a week.
I am not impressed with the life of the parts.
I have had to install a drain pump once and shaft bearings twice.

My old Kenmore super 70 series went 25+ years before I had to install a timer.
If they had a huge capacity agitator style I would get it on the next purchase.
The Cabrio uses quite a bit of water and clothes do get agitated just not quite as much.

rswink

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sexist!:tounge2::puppet2:

The funny thing is I told my wife I wasn't happy with it. She replied, well I do 90% of the laundry so we're good.
So, we are both in this same boat.

I wish ours was bigger as she has to take comforters and such to a laundromat. It requires HE soaps, she does clean the gasket regularly and runs a monthly tub cleaning product in it.

But, it is over 15 years old and I have replaced the gasket twice and the water pump once. Super easy machine to fix. And, still lots of LG support for it.

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Top Bottom