hog bait for trap

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2busy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I need something besides corn to try and attract hogs. I tried soaking corn in diesel to keep the deer uninterested. But after time, curiosity get the best of the yearlings and bam I get a deer in my trap. My trap is made from 2x4 horse panel on every side , top and bottom so nothing gets out if it can't squeeze through the panel opening.

Got any suggestions for bait. Hogs are hit and miss here. Mostly just travel through at different times of the year but they sure make a mess of my pastures.

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If your trap is fully enclosed, try putting a low porch over your entry, low enough that the deer have to bend down to gain entry. They don’t like. Deer will crawl, but the porch bugs them.

703BC2C8-2D80-44DA-963D-A146532579B7.jpeg

TeamTomlyn

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I like red jello for bait myself, just pour the powder on the ground. However I am sure curious deer would want to investigate that too. I have caught a few calfs in my trap. Mr.Glock's suggestion might be your best bet at reducing your deer catches.

Latest posts

Top Bottom