Hogue grip for glock.. anyone else have bad experience?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DanB

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Got one for free and regretably gave it away for the same. I should have just canned it instead of letting another shooter suffer.

You want a rubber grip. Just do the east side thing and wrap rubber bands around the grip. It gives the same worthless result.

aestus

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hmmm... looks like I'm in the minority here in that I love the Hogue slip on grips on my Glock. It's on my EDC. I put them on all my glocks. My only complaint is sometimes the hogue grip is slightly large and will be loose around the gun. A hot blow dryer will usually shrink the rubber enough to remedy that though.

My follow-up shots are drastically superior with the grips, since the grip fills my hands better. The glock grip is very boxy and flat on the sides. The rubber basically fills the palm of my strong hand by making the sides a bit more curved. I also hate rough textured grips and stay away from grip tapes or the RTF style grip stippling on some glocks.

alank2

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hi,

My PM9 had sharp plastic that bit me pretty good when shooting. I got some double stick tape and a used dead bicycle tube from the bike shop and it is 10x more comfortable. Those Hogue ones I've seen always look very thick though...

Thanks,

Alan

aestus

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hi,

My PM9 had sharp plastic that bit me pretty good when shooting. I got some double stick tape and a used dead bicycle tube from the bike shop and it is 10x more comfortable. Those Hogue ones I've seen always look very thick though...

Thanks,

Alan

You could try the Pachmayar rubber grip sleeves. They're thinner and basically just wrap your grip with a layer of textured rubber and doesn't add any bulk or roundness to your grip.

Latest posts

Top Bottom