Holosun 509T

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mad Professor

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Does anyone have a Holosun 509T mounted that they would be willing to let me look through? Maybe do a few presentations with it. I’m considering buying one, but my vision issues make me want to really check one out before spending any money on one.

I’m willing to meet about anywhere. I’m a member at Big Boys, TriCity GC, and OKC GC, if that is easier. Or ?????

Edit: corrected 509T in the body of the message. Sorry for the confusion.

Last edited:

Catswithguns

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Does anyone have a Holosun 507T mounted that they would be willing to let me look through? Maybe do a few presentations with it. I’m considering buying one, but my vision issues make me want to really check one out before spending any money on one.

I’m willing to meet about anywhere. I’m a member at Big Boys, TriCity GC, and OKC GC, if that is easier. Or ?????
Does it have to be that specific model?

Mad Professor

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Does it have to be that specific model?

Yes. At least I believe so. I have some 507C-RDs that work very well for me. From what I can tell, the 509T is an enclosed version of the 507C electronics. So it should work, but I hope to confirm before making the plunge.

Last edited:

rj ︈

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I just picked up a Holosun 403B at Wilshire Gun and they had a 507T in stock. They let me look through the 403 before I bought it, if nobody has one mounted for you to see.

rockchalk06

ʞlɒʜƆʞɔoЯ
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yes. At least I believe so. I have some 507C-RDs that work very well for me. From what I can tell, it is an enclosed version of the 507C electronics. So it should work, but I hope to confirm before making the plunge.
From the reports I've seen, if you are proficient with an MRDS, the enclosed ones like the acro and 509t shouldn't give you issues.

I know that doesn't help much, but it's a start. I'll keep my eyes open for one in the wild and snap some photos looking through it.

Last edited:

El Pablo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
From the reports I've seen, if you are proficient with an MRDS, the enclosed ones like the acro and 509t should give you issues.

I know that doesn't help much, but it's a start. I'll keep my eyes open for one in the wild and snap some photos looking through it.
I’m assuming this is a typo and you meant shouldn’t give you issues.

Meadhall Range

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Mad Professor if you mean the 509T I have one on my M&P. The enclosed emitter tends to draw the eye a bit more than the "open" ones IMO. If you know where my place is you can come out this way and I can let you get a look through mine. One thing of note with the 509 is that you can choose dot or circle/dot but not just the circle. Not a deal breaker but something to be aware of.

Mad Professor

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
From the reports I've seen, if you are proficient with an MRDS, the enclosed ones like the acro and 509t shouldn't give you issues.

Thanks,

It’s more about how my eyes and contact lens react than anything. I have an astigmatism which impacts what visualize. It is worse with my RMRs, and my Eotech. Less of an issue with my AimPoint PRO and the 507C. I run the red 507C. I recently got a green 507C and it is far worse with green than red. [emoji2371] I’m trying to avoid that mistake again.

I like how low JagerWerks is able to cut one on a Glock or I probably would just stick with a 507C.

IMG_6127.jpg

IMG_6129.jpg

Mad Professor

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Mad Professor if you mean the 509T I have one on my M&P. The enclosed emitter tends to draw the eye a bit more than the "open" ones IMO. If you know where my place is you can come out this way and I can let you get a look through mine. One thing of note with the 509 is that you can choose dot or circle/dot but not just the circle. Not a deal breaker but something to be aware of.

Bill, I did just notice I had 509T in the title but 507T in the body. I am talking about the 509T. I’ll fix that.

I’ll get with you and take you up on the offer. Much appreciated!